X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second archery, Nov 1-5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot92 View Post
      I'll see you guys out there! I'll be on a green Fat tire e-bike!!! Good luck!
      Well I will be out there on a pedal power bike. Maybe you can stop by and help me if you see me trying to tow out my nilgai kill! hahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
        Well I will be out there on a pedal power bike. Maybe you can stop by and help me if you see me trying to tow out my nilgai kill! hahahaha.
        I hear they loan out game carts. Cant do too much towing with a 750watt motor.

Comment

I have the game cart. We can attach it to your Ebike.

Comment

I have the game cart. We can attach it to your Ebike.
            Tempting...

Comment

Tempting...
              This way we can find out if your Ebike truly has a 600# towing capacity going through the mud and/or the knee high grass for 4 miles.

Comment

This way we can find out if your Ebike truly has a 600# towing capacity going through the mud and/or the knee high grass for 4 miles.
                Just a bike that's easier to pedal that's all. The only real advantage is not sweating your butt off first thing in the morning.

Comment

Second archery, Nov 1-5th.
                  Same here.

Comment

You'd be surprised. I have a trailer hooked to mine and it pulls two adults with a 500 watt motor. If I get a nilgai I might have to make two trips. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                      You'd be surprised. I have a trailer hooked to mine and it pulls two adults with a 500 watt motor. If I get a nilgai I might have to make two trips. lol
                      I’ll see you out there then. We have a group of 4 going and two of us have ebikes now. It’ll be our first year hunting out there.

Comment

I’ll see you out there then. We have a group of 4 going and two of us have ebikes now. It’ll be our first year hunting out there.
                        I'll be looking forward to meeting yall. This will be my second year. My first was in 2017 and it was the hardest hunt I've ever experienced but I learned alot and loved it. Make sure you have snake books and just as importantly some Sawyer permethrin insect repellent. The ticks down there are extremely bad but I never got a single one on me thanks to this stuff. You'll regret it if you dont.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                          I'll be looking forward to meeting yall. This will be my second year. My first was in 2017 and it was the hardest hunt I've ever experienced but I learned alot and loved it. Make sure you have snake books and just as importantly some Sawyer permethrin insect repellent. The ticks down there are extremely bad but I never got a single one on me thanks to this stuff. You'll regret it if you dont.
                          Couldn’t respond to your message because I haven’t posted enough... kind of a weird rule. 5 more posts to go I guess. I bought some 10% concentrate I’ll dilute it to .5% like the Sawyer and dip my clothes in it.
                          Last edited by Bigfoot92; 10-12-2019, 03:50 PM. Reason: Didn’t fully respond

Comment

This will be my first year at Laguna Atascosa 11/22/2019 - 11/26/2019. I'll be solo, realized the guy I was planning to hunt with couldn't hack it on the side of a mountian in Colorado. I can't stand cry babies, I believe in taking in the best from any situation. I'm not crazy fit I'm just too stupid to quit when it gets tough. I'll be on a bike with a pretty nice trailer setup for hauling if anyone gets in a bind or needs help hauling meat I'd be happy to help just seeing a downed animal would be a great experience. Willing to share contact info with anyone looking for a helping hand or just like the thought of knowing someone can help just incase you get in a bind. Any advice is appreciated I've hunted public land a bunch but still have allot to learn. Used to swampy southeast / piney east texas hunting. Second nilgai hunt ever blew shot opportunity last year at the East Lake unit it's a beautiful place, been kicking myself in the butt every time I opened the freezer this year.

Comment

Has there been any word as to when the orientation is?

Comment

Originally posted by lagunaduck View Post
                                Has there been any word as to when the orientation is?
                                9am the morning before the hunt, but I'm not sure where. Last year was at the los fresnos community center

Comment

Working...
                                X