Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Toxic shot required on all WMA (even for dove)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-Toxic shot required on all WMA (even for dove)

A friend and I were looking at going to Alazan for some dove this afternoon and found that in the booklet they said non-toxic shot is required on wma's. My Friend called the manager out there and at first he said we could use lead but then called us back saying all WMA's now require non-toxic shot Starting this year. Just giving everbody a heads up so nobody gets an expensive ticket.

Eagles 405

Thanks John, that would have been an expensive one.

Comment

wow. thought non toxic was just for duckhunters. thanks for the tip.

Comment

i saw in the booklet that for alazan bayou, the means restrictions are described as:
        "Firearms restricted to shotguns and muzzleloaders only. Non-toxic shot required for all migratory game bird hunting"

many other wma's describe the means restrictions as:
        "shotguns with non-toxic shot or no larger than #4 lead shot"

seems that alazan is certainly non-toxic only, but not sure about the others. i don't doubt what you were told, but it seems to be different than some of the publications

Comment

I have seen that in the past on some WMAs that have lots of water around. Even the dove hunting has to be non-toxic if the shot is falling into the water.

Comment

In alazan, the fields that are used for dove hunting in early September, get flooded and are used for duck later in the year. With this in mind I understand why non-toxic is required for dove at this location.

Eagle

Comment

Working...
            X