Public dove hunting near Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public dove hunting near Houston

I know that TPW rents a couple of fields for dove season near Houston each year. Anybody every hunted these, and if so, is it worth the effort?

Eagle

pretty good 1st day , but a lot of others.

Comment

I dont know about Houston area but in the central area there are tons of white wing this year.
      Safe Hunting
      Jacob

Comment

Well I am going to give it a try. Come on Sept 1st.

Eagle

Comment

If they are close enough, I would definetly go scout the fields before the season opens. I used to hunt doves on TPW leased property in South Texas and some fields would be loaded and others not. Also, be very careful. The fields with lots of birds will more than likely have lots of hunters in them. It was pretty dangerous when the birds start flying.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I was out there last week, and am planning a trip out there on Monday of next week as a final scout.

Eagle

Comment

Looks like I am going to be alone opening morning (hunting partner had to back out). Anybody free and care to join me Sept 1st?

Eagle

Comment

Eagles, did you check the fields east of Houston?

Comment

I live on the far west side of town, so I am planning on visiting the ones just north of Brookshire. They are only about 30 minutes from my place.

Eagle

Comment

I hunted the ones around San Marcos one year . The shooting was great the first day , after that not so much. Lots of people , but they kept the birds moving.

Comment

That was pretty much my experience with the fields west of Houston as well. Rumor has it that Saturday morning was pretty good also, but I had to miss that day.

Eagle

Comment

Working...
                      X