Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hunt Love Valley WMA in Oklahoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunt Love Valley WMA in Oklahoma?

It's just accross the Red, and it seems like a pretty good area. Lots of pigs. The Red River is also known for putting out some good deer. I've fished up there, and I've wanted to go back to hunt it. Anyone know anything about it?

I did some scouting in Hickory Creek a couple years ago, not Love. The Oklahoma regs and prices are too much for me.

Comment

do they have certain restrictions for archery equipment over there?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        I did some scouting in Hickory Creek a couple years ago, not Love. The Oklahoma regs and prices are too much for me.
        What regs are too much?

And what are the costs?

Comment

Originally posted by hand grenade View Post
          do they have certain restrictions for archery equipment over there?
          I don't think so. I think you can hunt with anything.

Comment

hmm. i thought i read a while back that certain areas did not allow compound bows. correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by hand grenade View Post
              hmm. i thought i read a while back that certain areas did not allow compound bows. correct me if im wrong.
              There is a WMA in Oklahoma that is traditional only. It's not Love Valley, although I'm not entirely certain about the rules there, so I couldn't say for sure about anything.

Comment

yep that must be the one i read about. pretty sure it said traditional only. thanks for the info.

Comment

Used to hunt on the Texas side up there.Alot of corp land covered up in hogs.Seen some big deer but only at night while we were hunting hogs.After about three years of hunting there the hog dogers eventually ran us outta there.If you have a boat that will get up the river you can find some nice areas with deer.

Comment

Working...
                  X