Chap Gun Hunt - New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap Gun Hunt - New Thread

Well figured I would start a new thread. We are headed out tonight so we don’t have to do the whole drive in the morning. Hunting with other TBHer MikeJ and 2 other folks. A lot of guys for one compartment but because the site drew for us, they gave us one of the biggest ones.

For those who know Chap, we have the entire East Blocker pasture. Between youth hunts, javelina and archery, this will be the 8th time I’ve hunted down there. Have a game plan but who knows what will happen. Just hoping to have some good LDPs later this week. Plan is to hold out early in the week for a GOOD one but can’t guarantee I’ll be as choosy later in the week.

We will be trying to keep this as live as possible. Been looking forward to this week since we were drawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get some! In for the ride!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck! Thanks for taking us along!

Comment

Good luck out there. Corn senderos, put out cameras where you ain't and enjoy the hunt.

Comment

I'll be there hoping for a standby draw Maroon f 250.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              I'll be there hoping for a standby draw Maroon f 250.
              Hey pops, pretty sure I will make it that way, too, be in a white Ram with a utility bed. Guy on the other Chap thread says he is going, too. We should try to hook up.
              Would love to get 4 TBHer's on one card.
              Last edited by gonzotexan; 12-13-2020, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  Good luck out there. Corn senderos, put out cameras where you ain't and enjoy the hunt.

That’s the basic game plan, at least early in the week.

Comment

Good luck drawing boys. Hope y’all pull the lucky card. Rolled in a couple hours ago and there’s 3 other tents set up tonight don’t know if they’re drawn or standby.

Comment

I hunted East blocker during the management hunt. There were some good bucks in there 3 weeks ago. One of them was the 160 that was wshot. I had him at 50 yards for over 30 minutes. Saw several other good bucks that week. Pm me if you have any questions. Good luck!

Comment

Good luck to everyone going, to hunt or to try standby.

I’ll be arriving around 10am hopefully. Will be in a black F150. Drove home to Houston from San Saba today with a stop at Bellville and leaving to Chap. tomorrow morning. Meat hunt is done for the year so just hoping to have a chance at a nice buck after staring at numerous tall 8’s, 10’s, and a 13 all weekend that were off limits. I’ll be happy when the driving is done and I’m sitting in my compartment for the week.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzotexan View Post
                          Hey pops, pretty sure I will make it that way, too, be in a white Ram with a utility bed. Guy on the other Chap thread says he is going, too. We should try to hook up.
                          Would love to get 4 TBHer's on one card.
                          I might make the drive and roll the dice if you guys need one more. Increases chances to get on same card. Unless the tracts are small acreage
                          Last edited by James; 12-13-2020, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                            I might make the drive and roll the dice if you guys need one more. Increases chances to get on same card. Unless the tracts are small acreage
                            I would venture to guess( and that is all it is) that the compartments left for standby would be on the small side.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              I would venture to guess( and that is all it is) that the compartments left for standby would be on the small side.
                              wouldn't bug me at all.....just being chosen...ffffssss....

Comment

Working...
                              X