Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV GFCI plug won't reset.....

Anything I can check or do to fix it?

There’s either a failed load still connected to the circuit or a failure of wiring somewhere. It’s obviously been raining and something could be wet.

That or the GFCI device itself is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      There’s either a failed load still connected to the circuit or a failure of wiring somewhere. It’s obviously been raining and something could be wet.

That or the GFCI device itself is bad.
      The plug had a trickle charger plugged into it for the 12 volt battery.

Comment

Probably wet.

Comment

It sits under an awning so I don't think it got wet.

Comment

You’d be surprised with those stupid things. Might have just stopped working. Plug a regular cord in and see what happens.

Comment

It don't take much moisture to make them trip.

Comment

They do go bad, might just try swapping, for $7 youll know

Comment

I would be there is moisture in there. It doesn't take much. I have one that will trip in a bad rain storm and it can't get wet at all from rain, just the excess humidity.

Comment

replace it.……..

Comment

Plug in a circuit tester and hold the reset button in, if lights up correctly, the reset circuit has failed and will need to be replaced.

Comment

Make sure there isnt another gfi upstream in the circuit.

Comment

If it won't reset, it may be doing its job properly.

A GFCI can go bad or fail in three ways. The first way it can fail is that it won't trip when you push the test button and the outlet stays hot or dead; the second way is that the trip button stays out and won't reset; and the third way, and most dangerous, is that the button trips out but the outlet stays hot.

They are designed to protect your azz. A few bucks for a new one is cheap insurance.

Comment

Check the breaker that's feeding it, I'm sure you have power to the GFI itself if no power will not reset.

Comment

Working...
                            X