No announcement yet.

Vanderpool 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shoot again, thanks to everyone who worked hard to make it another success!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      Don’t know if it was my favorite, but the bat target is one I have never seen before, and is pretty dang cool looking!!!

And that ram can KMA!!!!! In 5rds, I never did score higher than a 5 on it!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Which ram, target 48? Or the Corsican on the first half?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a blast again this year.

I liked the alligator due to the small margin for vertical error, and if you miss your arrow is toast.

Comment

Great course, great people, bad shooting on my part!! I still had fun though. Good meeting and shooting with you Bob. The # 25 ram can KMA too!!

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
            Great course, great people, bad shooting on my part!! I still had fun though. Good meeting and shooting with you Bob. The # 25 ram can KMA too!!
            You to Ken!

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post

Ah...that ram. Yea I shot over it on my first round for a solid zero.

Comment

I picked the ram shot, glad y'all liked it.
                I was the first shooter on the bat and pinwheeled it

Comment

Always a great shoot! Bisch and Ballgame are now off my Christmas list! Rusty.

Comment

Took my grandson. Made great memories.

Picked up my rebuilt limbs for my Sarrels’s Blue Ridge that I totaled in a 4 wheeler crash last year. Bob builds a great bow.

Bought a Palmer long bow that I’D resisted the last three years.

Won the Sarrels’s Black Hills in the raffle.

Won half off a Palmer recurve. I picked one out before he got away. Mike builds a great bow. Love Palmer bows.

Was a bit afraid carrying all of that into the house when I got back home.

It was great seeing a Eric and Marion again. Steve Shedd sang at camp and my grandson loved it.

Great to see Bryan and Debbie, Peggy, Balusek’s, Pat, Bill, Steins and all the other great people that bust their butts to make this thing happen.

Next year I’m bringing a substantial air mattress. I kept sliding off of that slippery THIN back pack pad. And will pray for no wind. My tent was acting like a bellows. But it did not fall on me this year after I made modifications after last year.

I hope to see all of you at Chester for the last time at that wonderful event.

Take care

Mike
                    Last edited by M.E.B.; 04-16-2019, 02:56 AM.

Comment

What a weekend!!!
                      Great setup, I’ve been working on getting my target panic under control for the last 3 years and this course helped me tremendously.

Big big thanks to all the great people that put it together.

And thanks for the support you gave to my daughter on the hog ruffle she was really happy

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        Don’t know if it was my favorite, but the bat target is one I have never seen before, and is pretty dang cool looking!!!

And that ram can KMA!!!!! In 5rds, I never did score higher than a 5 on it!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        A zero on that target would be cringe worthy!

Hadn't seen that one either.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                          A zero on that target would be cringe worthy!

Hadn't seen that one either.
                          A zero on most targets at the aptly named "Growing Rocks" ranch is cringworthy haha

Comment

Anyone know when the full shoot results will be posted?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post
                              Anyone know when the full shoot results will be posted?

Usually a week after but Easter might delay it

Comment

Giving my boys some pointers on the ram they were shooting from the white stake uphill. I had my 5 yr old shoot from it also even though he was in mini cub and surprisingly he hit the kill zone. I was like Yes !
                                They lost one arrow during the shoot but was found and returned by someone, so I think that’s great coming back with full quiver. My first time taking the family to shoot vanderpool it was a good time. My wife asked me aren’t you tired yet of shooting? Me uhh nope I actually scaled it back a notch to spend time with the boys, if not I would shot more. I think she was more exhausted than the boys were but we had a great time
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X