Over Run with Mice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over Run with Mice

Can’t seem to get control of the rodents at the ranch house. Tried poisons, traps and mothballs. Set 4 mouse traps the first night we were there. Everyone was set off & no mice. Like the guy in the movie said ( Going to need a bigger boat ). I don’t think these guys are the everyday type city mouse. They must be buffed. So now I’m waiting on my electronic repellent devices to come in the mail Thursday. Will try these out this weekend. Hope they work.

Take a few barn cats out there and just feed them and keep water for them. They will hang around and handle your problems. If you have tat many mice my concern would be snakes.
    I am not a cat person but have two barn cats that live around my house. No snakes, mice, and they kill scorpions and everything else that moves.

Comment

Yep. Get a cat. All there is to it

Comment

Following, have the same problem. Use baits, glue boards, and rat shot if they stand still long enough. I go through a lot of the green baits in the black boxes. Find a few dead. Glue boards have been pretty productive lately. I have the regular field mice and the 2 pound rats. They can sure leave a mess of things. May try a stray cat or two, seems like there is plenty for them to munch on. They would have to survive on their own, I could make sure they have water but not out there enough to feed daily. Don't want them to starve.

Comment

Likely just need more rattlebugs. :-)

Seriously, good luck. I hate mice/rats. Completely trashed the wire harness on a tractor. Hate their guts and livers.

Comment

may be worth your money to have a professional pest control person come out and treat the whole area - once mice/rats get established it is hard to get rid of them with conventional methods

smart suckers

Comment

You might try Farnam one-bite. We seemed to get better results with that, than the green blocks. The only drawback is- you have to buy a 9lb. box. Plug all of the holes you can find with bronze wool. It won't rust like steel wool. Also, put bait stations in high traffic areas along walls and near entrances.
              Last edited by jessBsemple; 07-08-2019, 05:46 PM. Reason: more information.

Comment

I like the idea of leaving a cat in the ranch house, but then you're gonna have the smell of cat crap in the house when you come to the ranch arent you? Whos gonna change the kitty litter?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Take a few barn cats out there and just feed them and keep water for them. They will hang around and handle your problems. If you have tat many mice my concern would be snakes.
                  I am not a cat person but have two barn cats that live around my house. No snakes, mice, and they kill scorpions and everything else that moves.
                  Yup. And I hate cats....

Comment

Build some owl boxes as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

You leave the cats outside. Kill the remaining inside with 5gallon bucketvtraps or glue. We had nice bad when I moved in. 2 cats outside and traps inside and now you can’t find one close

Comment

I always wanted to try the 5 gallon trap. Supposedly the splashing draw a more in. Have read to use antifreeze if you won’t be there often to keep the rot/stank down.

Comment

Well I guess on the bright side (or not) you don’t have a snake problem if you have that many mice-rats. But if you don’t get control of them YOU WILL have a snake problem.

About the only thing I’d recommend is the Farnam Just One Bite bars and peppermint oil on cotton balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                            I like the idea of leaving a cat in the ranch house, but then you're gonna have the smell of cat crap in the house when you come to the ranch arent you? Whos gonna change the kitty litter?
                            Leave it OUTSIDE! “If a cat dies in the wilderness, nobody will hear”, author unknown.

Comment

Get a rat terrier dog. She has killed many over the years here.

Comment

Working...
                              X