Best way to charge batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to charge batteries

I have 6 Energizer 6v golf cart batteries that are 3 years old. They haven’t been charged in a couple years. I filled them with distilled water and I connected 2 in series and put my 12v charger on them, but they don’t seem to be accepting a charge. Should I start with high (100 amp), medium (15 amp), or low (2 amp) input charge? Or am I wasting my time because they sat so long? None of them were completely dry, all about 50-60% full. The cart charger is fried, that is why I’m using my 12 volt charger.

Thanks

Anyone??

Comment

No charge for that long. Might be shot. Batteries do better when they stay charged. Try shaking them up, might get sentiment off plates and take a charge.

Comment

Shock treatment

Try to shock the sediment
        One of your neighbors posted in Health & Fitness. Click through to read what they have to say. (The views expressed in this post are the author’s own.)

Comment

Anyone ever try epsom salt solution to desulfate batteries? I’m gonna try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
            Anyone ever try epsom salt solution to desulfate batteries? I’m gonna try it.

I tried it one 3 batteries. Didn’t work . They were several years old .

Comment

You’re wasting your time.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                You’re wasting your time.
                You’ve tried it?

Comment

You’ve tried it?

More than once.

Comment

Are you sure the cart charger is fried or is it not "noticing" that it needs to come on? Try this...Use your 12v charger and charge the batteries in banks of two for about an hour for each pair( About 3 hours total). This will give the batteries enough of a charge that the charger will come on. I cannot remember what percentage a battery needs for the power wise charger to come one.

Comment

Put a little lemon juice in them, I've seen it work more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by jessBsemple View Post
                        Are you sure the cart charger is fried or is it not "noticing" that it needs to come on? Try this...Use your 12v charger and charge the batteries in banks of two for about an hour for each pair( About 3 hours total). This will give the batteries enough of a charge that the charger will come on. I cannot remember what percentage a battery needs for the power wise charger to come one.
                        You might want to read the original post a little closer.

Comment

You might want to read the original post a little closer.
                          You can always count on the GS to go out of their way to be friendly!

Comment

I had a friend that used to dump the acid out and rinse them real good to remove sentiment on the bottom. He would then add new acid and said it would work most of the time, me I just buy new batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                              You can always count on the GS to go out of their way to be friendly!
                              The cart charger is fried, I already tested it. That why I am using my 12v charger. I explained this in my original post. Thanks for caring. 😬😬😬

Comment

Working...
                              X