Costa prescription sunglasses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone went this route?? Need prescription for sure, just wondering are they worth it? Cost a fortune?
    Did you go and get vision prescription , then contact Costa to order, And do they have any discounts??
    thanks..
    Last edited by day0082; 05-01-2019, 10:44 PM. Reason: spelling, lol

I haven’t done it personally, but from what I understand is you would go to your eye doctor and they will sell you the frames and lenses to your prescription. I think it was around $400 for frames and good lenses but not sure exactly.

Comment

You might try Sport Rx. I have bought lenses (rx carbon for Rudy Tryon $300, 8 years ) and frames and lenses from them (Ray Ban frames and House lenses for $400, 3years) Both were progressive-no line. Otherwise, would have been $100 less. The Ray Bans would have been $800 to stay all Ray Ban. Just to give you an idea. Find some frames you like and do some house lenses. Even though they are mail order, I have been as happy with them as the pair I got at the optometrist. He even suggested Sport RX. Get your prescription first! then look.

Comment

Originally posted by day0082 View Post
        Has anyone went this route?? Need prescription for sure, just wondering are they worth it? Cost a fortune?
        Did you go and get vision prescription , then contact Costa to order, And do they have any discounts??
        thanks..
        I haven’t done it personally, but from what I understand is you would go to your eye doctor and they will sell you the frames and lenses to your prescription. I think it was around $400 for frames and good lenses but not sure exactly.

^^^^^ this you will pay around $700, Total. Depending on the frames.

Comment

I did it. I ordered them through the optometrist’s eyeglass shop. The prices are pretty much fixed by Costa. Yes they are expensive but I will do it again.

Comment

Both costa and Oakley offer first responder discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
              I did it. I ordered them through the optometrist’s eyeglass shop. The prices are pretty much fixed by Costa. Yes they are expensive but I will do it again.
              Did you get bifocals with glass lenses? I was wondering if Costa does prescription in 580 glass?

Comment

No help with costa. But my Oakley’s are prescription.

Comment

I've got some Brines with corrective lenses. Ordered them from the optometrist's shop. Costed about $420 and they've been great. Going to eventually switch to contacts because I'm tired of picking between my seeing glasses or sunglasses. Don't like carrying both cases around.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Did you get bifocals with glass lenses? I was wondering if Costa does prescription in 580 glass?
                    Yes they do, I have 580 glass in the silver mirror and blue, also have some blue 580 plastic.

They are expensive but we’ll worth the money imo. What was said above is accurate, you have to go through an optometrist that sells the frame and then costa puts their lenses in them.

Comment

Poly lenses. I was going to get some but now I just put my readers down on my nose over my sunglasses to tie hooks on etc.

Comment

Give Onos a look. I’ve been wearing them for 5 years now on the recommendation of several TBHers . They are just under 1/2 the cost of Costas and every bit as good imo. And yes I added the bifocals with the green mirrored amber lenses. On my second pair now due to a prescription change. I think I’m in for $225-250 each.

Polarized Fishing Bifocal Sunglasses- Best polarized fishing Sunglasses with bifocal readers? ONOS fishing bifocal reading sunglasses for men and women are the best choices to protect the eyes from the reflection of the sunlight on the water or any solid surface.

Super selfie of my Arayas frames. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Think my next pair will be Zoars.

Last edited by Smart; 05-02-2019, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Give Onos a look. I’ve been wearing them for 5 years now on the recommendation of several TBHers . They are just under 1/2 the cost of Costas and every bit as good imo. And yes I added the bifocals with the green mirrored amber lenses. On my second pair now due to a prescription change. I think I’m in for $225-250 each.

Polarized Fishing Bifocal Sunglasses- Best polarized fishing Sunglasses with bifocal readers? ONOS fishing bifocal reading sunglasses for men and women are the best choices to protect the eyes from the reflection of the sunlight on the water or any solid surface.

Super selfie of my Arayas frames. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Think my next pair will be Zoars.

What’s the clarity and polarization like on those for fishing? In spite of the model they look pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                            What’s the clarity and polarization like on those for fishing? In spite of the model they look pretty good

Super clear. I’m impressed with the polarization too. I wouldn’t have bought a second pair if they were junk.

That model makes that pic[emoji2957][emoji23].

Comment

I have a done Costa and Oakleys, it is always expensive but always worth it.

I bought the frames on base and had the lenses installed by Lenscrafters the price difference was like a $10 savings verse buying the frame and glasses through them. I wish I was not a chicken and would just get lasik.

Comment

Working...
                              X