EZ Go 36v golf cart help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZ Go 36v golf cart help

I need a little help diagnosing an issue on my cart if someone on here is knowledgable.

When the key is on, showing full battery, pressing the throttle all I hear is the click of the solenoid, the cart will not move, in either forward or reverse. Prior to this, we could be driving the cart and out of no where it would just stop and do the same thing.

So I've tested all batteries and they're all showing a little over 6v, and together showing a hair over 36v. I replaced the throttle sensor, thinking that by testing some voltage areas that way my problem. Didnt fix the problem

So I tested the solenoid as described in many online articles, testing the post closest to the batteries and should get a voltage less than that of the batteries by about 3v. Well, that post on the solenoid is reading the exact same as the batteries, but it is also connected directly to the positive side of the batteries. However, the post opposite the side of the batteries is reading right at 34v, giving a difference of about 2.7 to 2.8v.

So I'm a little confused, according to the articles, the post I'm getting the lower reading on isn't the one the articles said I should be.

So it makes me question my test I did on the controller. I tested the M and B+ terminals on the controller and when pressing the accelerator got no reading whatsoever.

I'm not sure what to say is wrong though, according to the articles, by testing the post closest to the batteries and getting an identical reading, my solenoid is bad, and if that's the case then my test on the controller is void.

But if the readings I actually got on my solenoid are what they are suppose to be, then that would most likely confirm my controller is bad.

Anyone here have any knowledge on these things?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Up for the day crowd

Comment

I would be taking a hard look at your forward/reverse cam. Look for any signs of melting or any loose connections. Sometimes it's hard to see but concentrate there before going much farther.

Comment

I had thought about that, but I wont move forward or backwards just the click. Is the forward/reverse 1 unit where it all goes out at the same time?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
            Yes
            Ok, I'll give that a good look.

Comment

Check out the Buggies gone wild website there are some really knowledgeable folks that will help you.

Comment

Sorry, I'm no help. But, if you're on FB, look up Golf Carts Modified. Knowledgeable folks there as well.

Comment

There’s a few knowledgeable folks here too believe it or not.

Comment

My first guess is a bad battery. Second guess is bad connections at the terminal somewhere.

Comment

Had the same problem a couple of years ago. Check for loose connection. Buggies gone wild and golf carts modified- good resources.

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                          I would be taking a hard look at your forward/reverse cam. Look for any signs of melting or any loose connections. Sometimes it's hard to see but concentrate there before going much farther.
                          Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
                          I had thought about that, but I wont move forward or backwards just the click. Is the forward/reverse 1 unit where it all goes out at the same time?

This... and there is a way to test it. Let me see if i can find the link. We had the exact same problem with ours... click but won't go forward or reverse. I found an article on how to test it with a voltmeter and sure enough it wasnt reading correctly. Replaced it and now it goes...

Comment

Ok i cant find the article now but I can type it out...

Here is what the F/R switch looks like on the side where the cables attach...

Click image for larger version

Name:	EZ-FNR-BurnedStud-Labels-2-1024x764.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	24580267

So the middle post (the big one) should always have current when the key is on.

The bottom should have current only when in the cart is in forward and the top only when in reverse.

When i tested ours, the big one did not have any current at all even though the bottom did when it was in forward.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                              Ok i cant find the article now but I can type it out...

Here is what the F/R switch looks like on the side where the cables attach...

[ATTACH]958124[/ATTACH]

So the middle post (the big one) should always have current when the key is on.

The bottom should have current only when in the cart is in forward and the top only when in reverse.

When i tested ours, the big one did not have any current at all even though the bottom did when it was in forward.
                              Ok, so I tested the foward/reverse switch as you described. At first, that middle post had no power whatsoever. So just for kicks I poke around on the other terminals to see what I get. The cart was in reverse and I was getting about 34-36 volts on the top and bottom post at the same time.

Decided to try the pedal to see what I would get, and the wheels start turning.

I just have no clue. Seems like theres a short somewhere

Comment

Working...
                              X