Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
    Has anyone that's hunted there before had any experience or issues bringing a non-hunting guest?

I've tried calling the office multiple times but have never reached anyone nor has anyone returned my messages. Just trying to get a little clarification.
    For scouting the day before it's okay. Just not during hunting days.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
      For scouting the day before it's okay. Just not during hunting days.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
      Gemini2759 is correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am up for hire for scouting days.

$10,000.00 per hour

1 hour minimum (That's all you'll need)

Comment

if you have a pop up blind tucked into some brush, say at the edge of a clearing... will the nilgai avoid it like the plague, or ignore it ... or something in between.

I will bring a short tripod as well. I just didn't see many spots for a tripod where I was looking.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
              I am up for hire for scouting days.
              $10,000.00 per hour
              1 hour minimum (That's all you'll need)
              That reminds me of an old story about a power plant having vibration issues with a generator. Called in an expert. He crawled around the generator for an hour, listening and feeling the housing. Pulled out a marker put an X and told them to remove one coil under that spot. The accounting dept balked at the $10,000 invoice for the task and asked for more detail. The expert send a revised invoice, Marking mark on housing $1, Knowing where to make the mark $9,999.

I hope you have good luck with your offer! I'd rather pay $10,000 (and have) for assistance in maybe getting a trophy on a more natural hunt, than pay that for a freak of nature trophy harvested on a game ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by returning egret View Post
                That reminds me of an old story about a power plant having vibration issues with a generator. Called in an expert. He crawled around the generator for an hour, listening and feeling the housing. Pulled out a marker put an X and told them to remove one coil under that spot. The accounting dept balked at the $10,000 invoice for the task and asked for more detail. The expert send a revised invoice, Marking mark on housing $1, Knowing where to make the mark $9,999.

I hope you have good luck with your offer! I'd rather pay $10,000 (and have) for assistance in maybe getting a trophy on a more natural hunt, than pay that for a freak of nature trophy harvested on a game ranch.
                That's right. I'll never pay for a generically modified organism buck, probably conceived via artificial insemination, raised in high fence captivity and force fed an unnatrual diet. That's not hunting, thats just shooting a pet. May as well be a dog.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

For those of you that have not hunted the Atascosa before and are wondering how bad the mosquitos are down here. This is no exaggeration!! Actually they are bigger in person. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                    For those of you that have not hunted the Atascosa before and are wondering how bad the mosquitos are down here. This is no exaggeration!! Actually they are bigger in person. LOL

Not even kidding at all. I spent the last 3 days on the El Sauz and I think I almost needed a blood transfusion from so many of them.

Comment

yeah...I will be packing anti...everything. Ticks, chiggers, skeeters & anything else.

good reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        yeah...I will be packing anti...everything. Ticks, chiggers, skeeters & anything else.

good reminder.

Growing up in the RGV I was always aware of these bloodsuckers. But this is next level - those rains and flooding created a mosquito Utopia. Holy smokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a quarter under that mosquito.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                            That is a quarter under that mosquito.

Does the thermacell work down there?

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                              Does the thermacell work down there?

Sometimes, LOL. I just use permetherin for my clothing and use OFF spray on my exposed areas.

Comment

I’m guessing the mosquitos will be super thick. Work has a small place in Rio Hondo, and they have been getting rain every few days. In fact, they had around 5 inches last week. I think it is about 15 miles west of the headquarters.

Comment

Working...
                                X