Rethinking Dem vs Republican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rethinking Dem vs Republican

The other day while listening to Christian Radio, AFR, Tony Perkins' guest said people need to stop thinking dem vs republican and stop voting along party lines. We need to start voting along the lines of populist and globalists.

Populists tend to value patriotism and country and support country unity over global community. They also tend to be non-elitists who value freedom and liberty.

Globalist tend to value global initiatives more and support one world government, world social movements, etc. These tend to be political elitists that value control.

There are populists and globalists in the democrat and the republican parties. Will any candidate be exactly or perfectly the politician you want? No. Your favored candidate will do things that you don't like, but others will like. How much are you willing to allow is your personal choice.

I know that my reps and senators are not perfect and make decisions I do not support. But if they tend to be populist, that will be the one I support.

soooo, still r v d

Comment

It's called Libertarian

Comment

It’s not even populist vs globalist. It needs to be people who may differ in opinion but are willing to work together to solve a problem vs those that are so hardline extremist that they shutdown any meaningful improvement whatsoever. Cooperative vs divisive.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
          It’s not even populist vs globalist. It needs to be people who may differ in opinion but are willing to work together to solve a problem vs those that are so hardline extremist that they shutdown any meaningful improvement whatsoever. Cooperative vs divisive.
          U nailed it!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very well said

The all or nothing route has led to a whole lot of nothing!

Comment

[emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It needs to be Constitutionalist, and neither side is. Both sides step on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and people seem to be ok with it as long as it is their side doing the stepping.

Whoever the president is and who is in congress should matter way less than who is the governor and in the state house, but they should matter less than who is the mayor and county commissioners, etc. Problem is both sides seem to want a king, and seem to want self government to be a thing of the past.

Comment

Populism is a very dangerous thing. Popular opinion of the common man can and does change on a whim.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Populism is a very dangerous thing. Popular opinion of the common man can and does change on a whim.
                    Popular opinion is exactly what they try to manipulate.

Comment

Popular opinion is exactly what they try to manipulate.
                      You are correct. As much as we do not want to accept, social media is a tool for social engineering. In fact, I would notbbe surprised to learn at some point that it was at least initially funded by gov agencies

Comment

I'm afraid I have to disagree. Someone on here opened my eyes to the reality that almost every time the D's and R's work together, it costs us taxpayers more or disappoints. Example: All 3 branches in 2020 unanimously declared states too incompetent to manage their own animal cruelty laws. You may not want to hear it but Jer_James is probably right when he says politicians see themselves as the ruling class and everyone else as subjects.

Comment

Perfect

Comment

Two words: term limits.

The highest office in the land has a 2 term limit. Why should house and senate not have the, too. Stop the political self made “millionaires” on the public dime and force them to do what the people actually want.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
                              Two words: term limits.

The highest office in the land has a 2 term limit. Why should house and senate not have the, too. Stop the political self made “millionaires” on the public dime and force them to do what the people actually want.
                              Only way to get that done is an Article 5 convention of the states. Might be our last hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X