McMullen County Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McMullen County Hunters Thread

Thought I'd start a thread for the best county in Texas (my opinion) Seems like there are a lot of guys and gals hunt this magnificent section of our great state.
    Our pasture is looking really well right now with good rains over the last 60 days and this weekend looks like more on the way. We were in a bad way from last summer through mid march. Dry dry conditions. Cowboys on the 48,000 acre ranch we hunt had to start feeding cows. Fist time in the 15 years that I have been there. They started getting a really old 2000 gallon pear burning truck ready and back in service, then the rains came finally.
    Our tanks are getting full and the vegetation is lush which is taking the pressure off our protein and cotton bill somewhat. The rains have also slowed down the destruction of feed pens by the hogs, which was getting out of control.
    I am eager to see how many bucks survived the post rut with as dry as it was.
    Hows your pastures looking? Lets keep this thread a rolling for our county.

I’m in. As stated early this year thing were not looking well but the rains came and continue to come at the right time. Should be a good season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great - we just closed on a small place near Tilden in February. New to South Texas and will have many questions for you experts.

Comment

I'm expecting LOTS of pics on this thread here in another month or two!

Comment

Originally posted by chance love View Post
          i'm expecting lots of pics on this thread here in another month or two!
          yes!!!!

Comment

Just got this alert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Speaking of...

My dad is down there now, I'm headed that way at noon. He did a little eradicating this AM.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hunted a bunch of counties in Texas, McMullen is by far my favorite. I’ll get back there some day.

Comment

I'll partake in this thread in hopes I get drawn for James Daughtrey WMA hunt

But that being said I am hoping to find a place there or live oak next year! With me being in Houston and dad in San Antonio it seems like a good middle ground for south texas brush and not to far of a drive for myself!

Good luck to all of you as I will be a active follower of this thread from the rafters!

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                    I'm expecting LOTS of pics on this thread here in another month or two!

For sure, we are figuring out how many cameras we want to put out this year as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome! This will be my third year on a place just north of Tilden.

Cant wait for the antlers to start coming on.

Just hung a few bow stands earlier this month and I will be upgrading my box blind at the beginning on June.

Anyone going to be in town between May 30 and June 2? Glad to meet up at Maxs or the Mercantile

Comment

Last years to get the blood pumping.

Comment

Meshmover67 got me motivated

Last seasons 176 1/8 at Freer Deer Camp
                          The year before last 165"

Comment

Tagged, I’m always in for a STX hunting thread

Maybe next year I’ll make a jump to a new place and McMullen will be in my county search!

Comment

I’ll get in this thread...

And here is my 168 bow kill from last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X