AR Pistol build advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talleywack97 View Post
    10 1/2in barrel 10in handguard. Dremel tool with a cutoff wheel an flat blk paint
    Hummmm,,, I may try that!
    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post

Noveske 9 inch barrel
      Noveske nsr 12 handgaurd
      Huntertown Gaurdian 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      that is exactly what I had in mind. Very cool
      The only reason I’m hesitant about doing that is adjusting the gas block I would have to take the handguard and the suppressor out to be able to do that.

Comment

Adjustable gas blocks are overrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Even with a suppressor? How do you adjust your ejection angle?

Comment

I like adjustable so I dont look like a raccoon when I take my shades off after shooting suppressed. Still get blowback but not nearly as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
              that is exactly what I had in mind. Very cool

The only reason I’m hesitant about doing that is adjusting the gas block I would have to take the handguard and the suppressor out to be able to do that.
              Some of the adjustable GB's can be adjusted from the from with a long t handle Allen. If it's 300BO you probably don't need an adjustable one anyway.

Comment

Personally I won’t run a can under a hand guard. With any decent rate of fire they get hot quick.

Comment

[ATTACH]1037278[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    [ATTACH]1037278[/ATTACH]
                    very nice

It's tricky to get them to flush because almost none of the hand guards are exactly the length they're advertised as and you never know how much of the barrel will be buried into the upper, I'm guessing 1/2"

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                      Even with a suppressor? How do you adjust your ejection angle?

Start off with an appropriately gassed barrel. Adjustable gas blocks became popular because most barrels are severely over gassed. Not necessarily a big deal, but when you add a suppressor to the mix it can cause issues. Reason I purged my DD and BCM barrels. My Remaining DD barrel throws cases at 1 o’clock even unsuppressed and a springco blue/H2 combo. With a suppressor it’s like it’s trying to feed you a steady diet of blowback and it had cycling issues until I went to a springco red/H3. Still ejected forward though.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        Personally I won’t run a can under a hand guard. With any decent rate of fire they get hot quick.
                        That and have the muzzle under a hand guard with high pressure rounds doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Comment

I've officially decided NOT to run the Can under the HG... as much as it looks cool and all, it's not practical in many ways.

Going with a 9" HG on a 10.5" barrel.
                          Last edited by ATI; 01-20-2021, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X