X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got home from a few days spent with the wife up there. She loved it so much she wants to just move into it. That was her first time seeing it .

Finished the kitchen but didn't get any pics. I'll get some posted in a couple days.

Got it decorated/ furnished. Still need a couple end tables and nightstands .

Installed a cell signal booster , nighthawk m1 hotspot router and nighthawk wireless router. Got it tuned up and get 30 megs. Got an unlimited att plan for it. Streaming live TV and shows works fine. Got the AC connected to it as well so I can control it remotely.

My buddy has a ranch down the street with direct TV and he's gonna add a receiver to his account for me.

Ac works great. We were cold inside most the time and had to turn it up to about 75 to keep from needing a blanket.

Got a few little things left to do inside like closet shelves and rod. Will be moving to the outside soon. For now I'm exhausted and need a break for a few days.

Will do a little clearing around the cabin and get some more rock brought in to spread around the cabin and increase parking area. Will build the fire pit area there as well. Also need to decide what I want to use for skirting.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well done Wes. I can’t wait to see it in person. I’ll bring the bourbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man I love this Build!

What are the dimensions on the cedar planks you used for the walls? Did you use a stain on it or is that natural? If you did use a stain can you give me the brand and color? Where did you get your flooring? I love that color and will probably want to go with the same grey color!

Cant wait to see what you do to the outside too!

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
            Man I love this Build!

What are the dimensions on the cedar planks you used for the walls? Did you use a stain on it or is that natural? If you did use a stain can you give me the brand and color? Where did you get your flooring? I love that color and will probably want to go with the same grey color!

Cant wait to see what you do to the outside too!
            The planks were 1x6x6 Canadian red cedar. Rustic grade. They run about $2-3 a piece. Natural no stain. Flooring is home depot life proof waterproof flooring.

Last edited by wes122984; 06-23-2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

congrats,,,I'd have a hard time driving away

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                The planks were 1x6x6 Canadian red cedar. Rustic grade. They run about $2-3 a piece. Natural no stain. Flooring is home depot life proof waterproof flooring.

thank you!

Comment

Kitchen cabinets are in. May add another one across the top of fridge.

Comment

Nice Place!!!

Comment

Really Nice Thread , you are Officially a High end, camp House, building advice Giver...Lol
                      Great Job , Congratulations.. My Wife's Family are all SE Okies in McCurtain Co.

Comment

Congrats and great work. This has been a really fun thread to follow.

Comment

Finally came back for the finished product. How are you enjoying it ? Anything you’d do different ?

Comment

High End DIY here.

Rwc

Comment

Cabin build

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              Finally came back for the finished product. How are you enjoying it ? Anything you’d do different ?

enjoying it every weekend dang near! wife is loving it up there. I would have forked over the cash and poured a foundation. Other than that its all doing well. I did have a crew come out and doze a few acres for a large food plot and they read my map upside down and dozed the wrong area. So I learned a lesson there.

Need to stain the deck this year and add skirting. The neighbors 20 acres is for sale now and I am debating buying it. I want it but we also just started to build a house in Mckinney so not sure the timing is right.

My buddy shot his first deer with his bow on the place. I took a decent buck. Have some really good deer coming through though mostly at night.

Last edited by wes122984; 01-25-2021, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Welp since you mentioned it I guess I should post a pic of the doe taken by myself off your place. Appreciate all the help you gave me from teaching me how to shoot a bow and how to even hunt in general!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X