Pool Landscaping Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool Landscaping Help

I want to do some landscaping around our pool and wanted to get some help from TBH.

I know I could hire this done but dang landscapers are expensive!

Anyone have some ideas on what type of plants would look good here? Side away from the house is currently pea gravel which will stay in place around the plants.

Plants with height are ok.

Last edited by dpatterson1976; 05-24-2019, 07:18 AM.

Red Yucca, Salvia, Black foot daises, chaste trees, desert willows, the small variety of agave. All the plants I listed are very drought tolerant.

Comment

Whatever you decide on, don’t forget lighting around shrubs. HUGE difference. Safe hunting

Comment

I’m no help on the plants, but I will say that about 1/3 of the way through you are going to realize why it’s so expensive and wish you would’ve just hired it out

Comment

Best advise...Go talk with your local nursery and let them direct you. They will ask the right questions so you get the best bang for your $$$. It is worth the $$ to buy from the local guys.

Comment

What's with the partial fence around the pool?

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
              I’m curious about that too???
              To keep the toys from going into the backyard???

Comment

I'm assuming it's a complete fence that goes around the pool. Then, when they want to use it, they "peel" back that section for easier access.

Comment

Skip the desert willows mentioned above. They shed and would be a nightmare for your pool sweep and skimmer baskets.

Comment

Bottlebrush and lantana plants. Drought hardly and dont shed much.

Comment

I just put in some fox palms, azaleas and other Caribbean plants that I have no idea what they are called. I would look at your neighbors and see what they have, you are in a wet region so plant what's good for your area.

Comment

Sago palms are good

Comment

That is a child safety fence which as you can see is removable in 15ft sections. They bore into the deck and insert a sleeve which the fence pole slides into.

Its designed to keep small children from having access to the pool. It also helps to keep debris from wind/storms and mowing from getting in the pool. I really like that.

dp
                          Last edited by dpatterson1976; 05-24-2019, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                            I just put in some fox palms, azaleas and other Caribbean plants that I have no idea what they are called. I would look at your neighbors and see what they have, you are in a wet region so plant what's good for your area.
                            Brother all of Texas is in a wet region this year! lol

I do have a few smaller palms that I plan to put out there. But it only goes so far.

Comment

I planted Japanese blueberry trees around my pool. Evergreens that hold red and green leaves. Nice trees. And then you can’t go wrong with red double knock out rose bushes. Google them. You’ve never seen a more colorful bush.

Comment

Working...
                              X