Razorback Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razorback Down!

This is my 4th pig this fall. All of them have been over 140 pounds. This is the smallest.

I hunted yesterday afternoon from 330 - dark. At 4 ish I started seeing young bucks and does and every now and then a pig would run by in a big field 300 yards from me. The critters were moving every where so I sat in high hopes of seeing a mature buck.

15 deer came by to nibble on my hand corn but nothing mature. Sunset was at 535. Along 515 two big black boars grazed and rooted under some persimmon trees at the other end of my food plot fence which is about 150 yards from me.

Does were close to them. One was outside the plot fence an one hog approached her. She stomped with both feet, lunging at him. He turn and ran. I thought I wouldn't see them again.

At 535 it was getting dark. Watched the deer in the field when something moved behind my cedar tree. It was both hogs!

After a couple of deep breaths, I drew my Chill X and he presented a perfect broadside shot at 13 yards. I expressed a 100 grain Ramcat to his heart and lung. He ran 40 yards into the brush with my lighted green nock betraying his position.

He almost made it under a thick cedar tree. I never would have found him if he had. The arrow broke off about 12 yards before that.

Sonce I started using Ramcats I have recovered every hog and deer I've shot. These are definitely my go to broadheads.
    Attached Files

Great job. Enjoyed the story also. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice one. Congrats

Comment

Keep hammering!

Comment

Heck yeah! Congrats.

Comment

KAP! Congrats and good story.

Comment

Nice, congrats

Comment

Nice!

Comment

nice

Comment

Great story and pig. You're a pig killing machine!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats Tracey! That oughta make some great breakfast sausage.

Comment

Good job!! KAP.

Comment

Nice. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats. Video your kills. !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X