European mount survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

European mount survey

I have a couple of questions For those that have or plan on getting a european mount in the future.
    1. Did you make it yourself or pay someone?
    2. Would you pay more for a higher quality product done with beetles or does quality matter as much with a euro?
    3. Do you live in a large metropolitan area?

Thanks

1. The last 3-4 I did myself but I don't have a problem paying somebody else. Especially if it's a special trophy.

2. I would not pay more for the beetle method.

3. No

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
      I have a couple of questions For those that have or plan on getting a european mount in the future.
      1. Did you make it yourself or pay someone?
      2. Would you pay more for a higher quality product done with beetles or does quality matter as much with a euro?
      3. Do you live in a large metropolitan area?

Thanks
      I have done them myself and paid others. They turned out pretty similar.
      I would pay more for a quality product. Nothing worse than bad taxidermy on a great animal.
      I live near Houston.

Comment

1) DIY, 2) I've done countless & they turn out very, very good. It is kind of a pain, so not opposed to paying someone to do it - but I wouldn't pay much. 3) No.

Comment

I've always done them myself. I've done several dozen for myself and a few close friends.
          I'd probably pay $50, since I do my own. Personally, I wouldn't do them for someone else for $50, $75 to $85 doesn't seem unreasonable.
          I live in the Dallas area.

Comment

All the ones I have I did myself. Rather leave the 150$ in my pocket for something else when I can do just as good a job as any taxidermist. It’s just cleaning a skull.

Comment

1. Done many for myself and quite a few for family and friends.
              2. Wouldn't pay more for something simple. Although some species are harder than others.
              3. No

Comment

1) Have done both. Paid looks much better. JB Euro Mounts.

2) Much better paid ($160 JB Euro Mounts) and waaaaaaay less work, just decapitate and JB Euro Mounts did the rest. Beautiful work!

3) Nope

Comment

Done about 300 since 2009, for others and myself. Would only pay someone to euro and ship if it was on a trip that a flew to and from.

Comment

Done several myself.

I probably wouldn’t pay to have it done. If it was that special of a trophy I’d probably shoulder mount it.

Live in Montgomery. Suburb of Houston.

Comment

Do them myself and for friends

No

Yes

Comment

It's very doable, even for someone that's never done it. Very tedious work for several hours though. I've done most of my own, and paid to have one done. It's very gratifying to do your own.

I live on the far western edge of the Metroplex.

Comment

OP are you asking because you wanna get in the business?

I've done several, and I've also paid $75-$100 to have them done. I wouldn't pay much more than $100. It's not hard to do it yourself. I only pay for it to save me the time.

Comment

I have always done it myself. Just oput the head in a bucket of water and leave it. I have never boiled one.

Quality has always been great.

Closest town to me has 400 people in it.

-john

Comment

Beetles don't give you a better quality skill than the other methods. The difference is the care taken to degrease and preserve the fine bones along the way.

I've done several hundred for customers. $125 in the Austin area. Going rate here at a taxi shop is $200 or more.

Comment

Working...
                              X