Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Elk Thread

Originally posted by TWP View Post
    Well crap, guess the LBK guys get better deals than the Angelo boys. Ha ha ha

It’s an unbelievable deal. Can’t beat it IMO. He’s actually going with me.
    [/QUOTE]

Nah. Same deal you (or anybody) would get. It’s just a 2 on 1 hunt and I talked him into going with me. It was a no brainer in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by bowjunky39 View Post
      What is the process of putting in for tags and building points in Wyoming and Colorado?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wyoming application period is in January, draw will be May 31 next year, they may move the app to later.
      You can buy PP in July for next year's draw. You should draw a general tag with 2 PP. LQ take more.
      In most Wyoming elk areas you can hunt archery season and rifle season on your tag.
      No wilderness area hunting without a resident guide, not necessarily an outfitter. No wilderness is needed for a good hunt though.
      Wyoming also has reduced price additional cow tags that are a random draw.
      Leftover tags will be a draw in June this year.

Comment

QUOTE=wytex;14133943]Wyoming application period is in January, draw will be May 31 next year, they may move the app to later.

You can buy PP in July for next year's draw. You should draw a general tag with 2 PP. LQ take more.

In most Wyoming elk areas you can hunt archery season and rifle season on your tag.

No wilderness area hunting without a resident guide, not necessarily an outfitter. No wilderness is needed for a good hunt though.

Leftover tags will be a draw in June this year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, one more question if I can’t hunt wilderness land with out guild what sections are open to hunt solo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowjunky39 View Post
          QUOTE=wytex;14133943]Wyoming application period is in January, draw will be May 31 next year, they may move the app to later.

Thanks for the info, one more question if I can’t hunt wilderness land with out guild what sections are open to hunt solo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

NF, BLM, State and walk-in

Comment

Yep, literally millions of acres are open for hunting.
            Wilderness areas are scattered around the state in the NF . They do not limit your hunting opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
              Wyoming application period is in January, draw will be May 31 next year, they may move the app to later.
              I will have 2 PP for 2020, so I may be hollaring at you for some info. I got a buddy in Alcova that is an outfitter, but all the stuff around him is max points or close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                I will have 2 PP for 2020, so I may be hollaring at you for some info. I got a buddy in Alcova that is an outfitter, but all the stuff around him is max points or close to it.
                Just fyi, 2 points will likely be a little short in 2020. My brother and I both drew with 2 points this year, but it was like 20 something percent draw odds. We got lucky. Point creep is pretty rampant. But don't let that discourage you. It shouldn't take too long for a general

Comment

Be interesting to see if the move of the draw date to May 31 will affect apps. And yes PP creep is real, didn't mean to give false hope.
                  More snow for the mountains , and town, coming for Wednesday - Thursday.
                  Should be lots of water for fishing as well this fall.

Comment

Get your deer, bison, etc apps in for Arizona! That time of year again. Never know, this may be your year to draw that Strip tag.

Comment

I drew 16b/22 in New Mexico! Gila NF. Cannot wait.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                        Just fyi, 2 points will likely be a little short in 2020. My brother and I both drew with 2 points this year, but it was like 20 something percent draw odds. We got lucky. Point creep is pretty rampant. But don't let that discourage you. It shouldn't take too long for a general
                        If they move the application period back it’s going to get rough.

Comment

Only 20% with regular or special draw??? If it is 20% with 2 points on the special draw....I may have to take golf back up.

Originally posted by LWC View Post

Comment

What broadhead is everyone running this year? The last few seasons I’ve been shooting rage trypans but thinking about switching back to slick trick viper tricks. The plastic collar on the rages make me nervous. The fixed blades would ease my mind and give me one less thing to worry about. I like the rages for deer hunting when I’m not dragging my bow through brush.

Comment

I’ve had great success (not on elk yet) with the G5 Strikers. I think try the Striker V2s this year in 125 gr; keeps my arrow weight a hair above 500grs total.

I tend to pop the collars on the rages by accidentally bumping my arrows and pushing them into my quiver. I also get way less pass-through shots using rages vs Stikers or Slick Tricks.

Comment

QAD Exodus
                                Work very good on big hogs. Fly well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X