No announcement yet.

2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother came through today and wanted some crappie to take back to Tennessee.
    The wind was tough early but laid about noon and we hammered them after that.
    Caught them on yellow and white hand tied jigs on Nekid tackle heads.
    25ish foot of water on standing timber.
    LOP really is on fire right now for big fish.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	9190F669-2C1C-4B2D-BC53-7A89462A6E3D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	24600836

Name:	1DF281EC-766D-48D3-94A3-53ABB2CB18CC.jpeg
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	24600837

Name:	EC362CEA-BE63-462D-868F-55BA49631CB1.jpeg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	24600838

Name:	1D5B7342-21FD-47F4-8CB2-01325493E5F0.jpeg
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	24600839

Comment

Nice looking bunch of slabs!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Buff do you treat these jigs with anything? Do you add scent or spray or the crappie don't care?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        I use the crappie nibbles

Comment

Name:	2019-12-07 14.55.16.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	24600890

Went to Conroe a few days ago and did OK. Caught 12 ( including the catfish ) but threw back the ones shorter than 12"

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            [ATTACH]983106[/ATTACH]

Went to Conroe a few days ago and did OK. Caught 12 ( including the catfish ) but threw back the ones shorter than 12"
            Your figuring them out [emoji106]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              [ATTACH]983106[/ATTACH]

Looks like a good day

Comment

I’m interested in a good day trip if anyone would like to be a guide. I’ll gladly pay for the service. Looking to go sometime this month or next if possible. I have my own rods/reels. I’ll buy whatever specific tackle that is needed. Send me a PM to discuss details.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                  I’m interested in a good day trip if anyone would like to be a guide. I’ll gladly pay for the service. Looking to go sometime this month or next if possible. I have my own rods/reels. I’ll buy whatever specific tackle that is needed. Send me a PM to discuss details.

Thanks.
                  I am booked up until after the first of the year but have some weekends open in January.

Slew is starting to sell some trips on Fork and I don't know anyone who knows more about catching crappie.

Comment

I haven't been on the water in a month but plan to get back after em after Christmas for sure! First stop when the wind allows will be LOP! Fork and Palestine crappie will be tormented as well! Can't believe it's almost 2020! Will have the info up for next years TBH trip next couple weeks as well.

I don't think I've ever went this long without fishing, but I guess that's my fault! Take out deer lease trips, duck hunting, and 4 days at Disney I coulda caught a boatload!

Comment

First fish is a 2.62 on my scale! Not sure what my new ones like but my last 2 would put this fish about a 2.90 on a certified scale!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

slew, a plain ole heat gun works well enough for powder paint

Comment

Catching good size and numbers on the upper end of Toledo Bend off the river channel. Black and chartreuse jigs.

Comment

Tough day honestly!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

Tough day honestly!

Yep time to retire

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                slew, a plain ole heat gun works well enough for powder paint

I think so! I haven't painted any yet! Got little man a $19 toaster oven from Walmart to bake em in!

Comment

Working...
                                X