Dodge/RAM Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
    They were still big piles of **** in 2012, mine had front end work twice and shift solenoid went out at about 60k. Got out of it before 100k
    No problems with my 2012 at 150,000 miles so far.

Comment

My 03 Cummins 4x4 front end started to go bad around 112k. Replaced it all with moog parts and traded it at 150ish (still regret it). The guy that bought it ran another 65k or something using it as a landscape business truck and only had to mess with the trans

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
        I've had four Dodge 3/4-tons since '04, two diesels and two HEMIs. The '04 diesel went 115k before front end gave way. I replaced everything: tie rod ends, upper & lower ball joints, drop links, and shocks. Current truck is '16 with 6.4L HEMI, 48k and no issues.
        Did all the front end work fix the 04’? I have an 06 with 240k on it and the steering sucks. Had ball joints replaced 20k miles ago and it did nothing. Maybe I need to do the entire front end this time.

Comment

Had a 12 with front end issues. Have a 15 with 110k miles, been on a wrecker 5 times with front end issues.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            Are they still eating front ends and tearing up transmissions? I’ve owned two, an 03 and an 06 both had to have transmissions and both had numerous front end issues. Haven’t been in one since. I have to buy a diesel for our business and giving them all a look. Just don’t want to buy something that will require a bunch of extra money to keep going. It’ll just be a fleet model so I’m not concerned about bells and whistles. It’s will be used for towing material on a flatbed trailer weekly/daily.
            06 Doge 2500, 5.9 ran it till it quit
            I bought a 2016 3500 new, just replaced front left bearing at 75k miles, I’ll buy another one when this one quits

Comment

'07 hemi drove to 140K no issues
              '12 hemi with 151K on it and no issues
              looking at a '19 to move into soon

Comment

They made a lot of suspension changes in 2013 models because of problems. It fixed a lot of the issues. You will still have some trucks of course like any manufacturer that have problems.

Comment

Originally posted by shooter2007 View Post
                  Had a 12 with front end issues. Have a 15 with 110k miles, been on a wrecker 5 times with front end issues.
                  Did either truck have a leveling kit?

Comment

Had a 96, 04.5, 05, 11 and now a 16 in the span of 16 years. The only one that ever gave me any issues was the 96 and that was with death wobble because of a leveling kit, 35's and worn front end. No trans problems, plenty of towing and some with upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                      Did all the front end work fix the 04’? I have an 06 with 240k on it and the steering sucks. Had ball joints replaced 20k miles ago and it did nothing. Maybe I need to do the entire front end this time.
                      Yes, drove and steered like new afterward. They did an alignment too.

Comment

half the people will say yes, and half will say no. most will be based on what one buddy said and not RL

Comment

i have a 2014 cummins LWB with 130k miles on it. only problem i have had is the left wheel bearing went out at 80k miles. trucks been deleted and level kit on it since 40k miles... i am sure before i get to 180k miles i am gonna have some front end issues, but so what. i'll redo the front end and keep truckin

Comment

Working...
                          X