Romney votes to convict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Does Trump have ANY of that?

Irrelevant, EVEN if it were true

Comment

IDK. As a person of faith, I didn't vote for our serial philanderer in chief even though I tend to agree with his economic policies. Trump may be good for America, jury is still out, but I don't hear anyone at all arguing that he's a decent, moral man.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Does Trump have ANY of that?

I get where Mitt's coming from. I'd do the same.
      I care about results not his morality.

Comment

IDK. As a person of faith, I didn't vote for our serial philanderer in chief even though I tend to agree with his economic policies. Trump may be good for America, jury is still out, but I don't hear anyone at all arguing that he's a decent, moral man.

We'd have a loooong list of impeached Presidents if this was the standard.

Comment

Trump never claimed to be a saint, and no one voted for him based on that premise.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            You think Romney is a decent moral man?
            By some accounts. Most of the LDS folks I've known personally have taken their faith very seriously.

He doesn't seem to overtly mock disabled people, or brag about grabbing ladies by their kitty cats.

Comment

Mittens is such a drama Queen and trying to stay somewhat relevant...to quote DJT, "So sad..."

Comment

Mittens stole defeat from the jaws of victory in 2012. As kch said, so sad.

Comment

And what difference does it make how Mitt votes to anyone but Mitt? The numbers are such that his vote is irrelevant. Might as well stand up for what you believe in.

In my own case, I lived in a county for the last election that went 86% Trump, and everybody expected it to go that way. So I voted for Gary Johnson, because we'll never get better options if we keep choosing between the losers put forward by the major parties. This time we chose between a corrupt serial liar, a serial philanderer, and the pot smoking guy. No point in voting for the party line if your vote doesn't make a hill of beans difference anyway, if you think the party line isn't right.

Comment

I am also a person of faith.

I've had many bosses. Some were absolute jerks.

But being a jerk doesn't necessarily mean you are bad at your job. Bad at human relations, OK.

But simply not liking someone is a pathetic excuse to lie and cheat to get him removed from his job. Especially when indicators seem to say he is one of the best, at this job.

And you'd be hard pressed to find more than a couple politicians who have hardly any of the attributes listed above.

Trump, as a billionaire, just never had to hide behind a public, more acceptable persona.

And someone please explain to me, how any person of faith, is OK with politicians who are not against abortion!

I would think that all persons of faith know that life & death are up to God, not man.

Comment

Obviously, Trump must have made Romney soil his Holy Underwear.

Comment

Well I. All for Romney now. Schiff just said that he is a courageous and moral fellow. It must be true.

Comment

Then you haven't been paying attention...

Comment

Turning his back on his party, just like he did to his family.

Comment

A person claiming to be a man of faith who would vote to convict based on a shameful, lie-filled process that likely broke many laws? You may have some soul searching to do to back up the claim, Jason. I may love you as a brother, but you stance doesn't make too much sense.

Comment

His career is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X