MRI & Insurance Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI & Insurance Question

My daughter got an MRI 1.5 years ago. With PPO insurance, our out of pocket expense was $750. She now needs another MRI for the same thing so I called the imaging place & inquired about cost. I was told:
    without insurance
    $525 paid in full @ time of visit
    $925 if paid out
    If we claim we have no insurance, & they find out, $925
    If we use our PPO insurance then it's $750 out of pocket, $1,562 total.

How is this legal? How does this make any sense? How can they get away with this? I'm blown away by this BS. I can't wrap my head around this so I'd appreciate it if someone can explain this to me.

Yep... crazy isn't it. I've heard of this type of scenario a lot. It's all a racket.

Comment

I needed one for my knee. Insurance was dragging their feet so I asked what was the cash price. $288 cash price or use insurance and $1600. Just ask for cash price. Also price shop some. $525 sounds high but not same as the one I had done.

Comment

You can't squeeze blood from a turnip. And I think indirectly the people who pay insurance premiums end up paying for all the "free" healthcare access for folks that don't pay insurance premiums or for services. Yes, it stinks but I'd still rather pay premiums and use my insurance.

Comment

Do not go to a Hospital owned Imaging Center- price will be extremely high. Ask for Cash price unless you are close to meeting deductible/OOP for the year and possibly need surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
            I needed one for my knee. Insurance was dragging their feet so I asked what was the cash price. $288 cash price or use insurance and $1600. Just ask for cash price. Also price shop some. $525 sounds high but not same as the one I had done.
            They told me if I pay cash, & they find out I have insurance, the price goes from $525 w/no insurance to $925 (having insurance but wanting to pay cash).

Comment

Thats bs

Comment

I was allowed to pay cash, $450, and had to sign a document stating that I would not claim it on insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  They told me if I pay cash, & they find out I have insurance, the price goes from $525 w/no insurance to $925 (having insurance but wanting to pay cash).
                  How would they find out?

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                    How would they find out?
                    If he filed on Insurance toward the deductible.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      Don't give them your insurance info. You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        How would they find out?
                        Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Don't give them your insurance info. You're welcome.
                        They already have our insurance info from the first MRI 1.5 years ago.

Comment

How does it happen???

Go ask hussein obama, or pelosi, or schumer.

Comment

I had a MRI done on my back and neck a few months ago and it cost me with my PPO insurance $250.

Comment

You can't pay the cash price and then claim it on insurance but you can always pay the cash price. I'm a high deductible guy so I always ask for a cash price and I never use any play my doctor recommends as it's always 5x what it should be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X