Denied beer at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied beer at Walmart

My wife and I were at Walmart shopping and I picked up a case of beer. The cashier asked for my ID (I’m 49), which is fine. She then asked for my wife’s ID. My wife didn’t have her purse with her and they refused to sell me the beer. I told my wife to wait outside and the cashier said, it’s too late now. I asked her if I had my teenage daughters with me would I be allowed to buy the beer and she said, yes that’s different. I’ve never had that happen.
    Was pretty interesting.

It's a sad reality where people are not trusted with the autonomy to make common sense decisions but yet must stick to a strict set of rules.

If employers would properly train and learn to trust their people they would be paid back immensely.

Comment

That is dumb, not interesting.

Comment

That's frustrating...

I found out at Walmart last weekend (Saturday) that you can't buy beer until 7AM Lol Who knew? … It was 6:59. Literally. We sat there and twiddled our thumbs for 30 secs before restarting the transaction. Reminded me of the "Meet the Parents" scene at the airport ticket counter.

I feel like I see homeless people buying beer early in the mornings at gas stations all the time.

Comment

self check the beer.

Comment

We were at the self checkout lane with the Family. I was inserting the card to start payment, the Better Half was bagging and the kids were scanning. Son picked up the 12 pk of Shiner, scanned it and the attendant came over like they have to for alcohol. Said we couldnt buy it now. I asked why, and she said because your Son scanned it.

I explained it was for me and I was paying for it, as she could see. She said she was sorry and had to void the purchase. I left the cart there and left.

I understood it, but geez I thought that was pretty stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              We were at the self checkout lane with the Family. I was inserting the card to start payment, the Better Half was bagging and the kids were scanning. Son picked up the 12 pk of Shiner, scanned it and the attendant came over like they have to for alcohol. Said we couldnt buy it now. I asked why, and she said because your Son scanned it.
              I have this issue with my gf (23) if she doesn't have her wallet on her, which is not uncommon if just tagging along with me for some quick shopping

Comment

Wait.....you showed them your legal ID and because you wife didn't have an id they didn't sell it to you...but would if it was your daughter? What kind of dumb**** is that?

Comment

I can shed some light here. I was a Walmart store manager for several years before I left to pursue a better work/life balance.

Short version: Lots of different organizations (political, religious, unions, etc) are always after Walmart due to their ability to payout large sums of money. Most, not all, policies around alcohol sales are more strict than what is actually called for by law, to simply protect the company.

As for the 6:59 am transaction and having to wait until 7:00, the registers are programmed to not allow unauthorized transaction to take place. Its based on the start time, not the end time.

Comment

GoFundMe page yet?

Comment

I avoid Wally World if at all possible. The reasons are:
                      1. They hire the cheapest and dumbest they can find, and I don't want to deal with the stupidity.
                      2. I can shop other places where I feel a whole lot safer in the parking lot and in the store.
                      3. They are so underemployed that, in the event I need help, I won't get any.
                      4. I don't enjoy waiting for people using multiple Lonestar Cards, gift cards, and other forms of combination payments to get their ***** together at the register.
                      5. Ridiculous policies like the OP stated above.

I'm willing to pay a little bit more to avoid the hassle, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
                        I can shed some light here. I was a Walmart store manager for several years before I left to pursue a better work/life balance.

Short version: Lots of different organizations (political, religious, unions, etc) are always after Walmart due to their ability to payout large sums of money. Most, not all, policies around alcohol sales are more strict than what is actually called for by law, to simply protect the company.

So he was 49 and showed valid ID and was buying the beer. Why does he get denied because his wife does not have her purse?

Comment

Originally posted by TxSpinner View Post
                          As for the 6:59 am transaction and having to wait until 7:00, the registers are programmed to not allow unauthorized transaction to take place. Its based on the start time, not the end time.
                          I fully understand as we were at a self check-out and got the error message. The attendant came over, we awkwardly chatted while we waited a few secs, and tried again. No big deal. Just got a kick of the waiting around. I have a weird sense of humor.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6FK2RmVgGE"]Meet The Parents - Airport Scene (1080p) - YouTube[/ame]

"Enjoy your beer."

Comment

Had something similar with buying shotgun shells.

Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                              I fully understand as we were at a self check-out and got the error message. The attendant came over, we awkwardly chatted while we waited a few secs, and tried again. No big deal. Just got a kick of the waiting around. I have a weird sense of humor.

Meet The Parents - Airport Scene (1080p) - YouTube

"Enjoy your beer."

Hahhahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X