No announcement yet.

Austin homeless problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What portion of the homeless population votes?
    Is it rational to think that this cohort makes a difference in an election?

Comment

I would be willing to bet that most homeless think that we are crazy. You know who you are, the ones paying your mortgage on time, your taxes, going to work, not doing drugs, etc.

These guy sit around doing drugs and alcohol, banging each other, and basically get hand outs in nearly every direction. What is the incentive to stop?

Comment

Fighting homelessness is big $$$$. It’s another way for politicians to funnel money around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
          Fighting homelessness is big $$$$. It’s another way for politicians to funnel money around.

Letting them camp in downtown was how Mayor Adler gets the money to build the housing he wants.

Typical liberal $#it, they don’t care about the addicted and mentally ill, they want your taxes so the can funnel it to their friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            You do have to wonder how are they getting from Cali to Texas? Sorta like how are Central Americans migrating through mexico unassisted.

But if they really wanted that plan to work, they wouldn’t be arriving in Austin, it’s already weird and they are **** proud of it. No id they wanted to turn Texas Blue they would ship them to Lubbock, Amarillo, Texarkana, Abilene, Wichita Falls etc.... semi decent population center that vote red.
            They are getting prepaid bus tickets from what I have heard.

Comment

Saw Austin mayor on TV yesterday. Make me freaking want to puke. Bleeding heart BS.. saying I can't in good faith put these people back on the streets so we're building them places to live...

*** is about all I can think. And the freaking homeless are chiming in saying they should have the right to help design the building etc...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Saw Austin mayor on TV yesterday. Make me freaking want to puke. Bleeding heart BS.. saying I can't in good faith put these people back on the streets so we're building them places to live...

*** is about all I can think. And the freaking homeless are chiming in saying they should have the right to help design the building etc...
                Apparently they ( the homeless at camp rat) have developed an app. People can use this app to see what the camp needs and then donate it, BBQ grill, refrigerators etc.

The situation is a joke

Comment

So become homeless and the City builds a multi million apartment building for you to live in scott free. LOL There's some good incentive to get back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Then he'd better get to breaking ground and build 2x the number... because he just powered up a giant bum magnet.

Comment

Follow the money allotted to build circle back into the politicians pocket

Comment

Working...
                      X