2019/20 Duck Season - Official Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
    Agree, no more than once a week on that tank.

Question, did you see the birds there morning, mid-day, or late evening?

Just a tip, if you get their and they fly off. Just cover up and wait. They will trickle back in.

I'm south of Waco and no one to hunt with Saturday, if you want to give me an invite for Saturday morning.

It was mid day

And I personally wouldn’t mind taking you at all but I was given strict orders on guest and it’s waaay to good of a place to mess that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Birds didn't move much today around me in Garwood. Ended up with 4. Gonna give it a few hours in the morning ,before I take momma to the ranch for her to start her deer season.
      Good Luck to Everyone this Weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by mexico70 View Post
        It was mid day

And I personally wouldn’t mind taking you at all but I was given strict orders on guest and it’s waaay to good of a place to mess that up.

no worries.

My last two hunts didn't go well. Meaning I didn't get to hunt.

Tomorrow I'm going solo because I know I will hunt.

Just need to get out of work early to go check my spots to make a decision on where i'm going.

Comment

Anyone got any tips on how to get to sleep tonight?

Comment

Good couple 2,3 or 10 beers! Might need tips for waking up though?!

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
              Anyone got any tips on how to get to sleep tonight?
              I usually just give up and drive to my spot. Set out spread and try to sleep in the kayak. It's quite fun if you don't try to turn on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                I usually just give up and drive to my spot. Set out spread and try to sleep in the kayak. It's quite fun if you don't try to turn on your side.

[emoji23][emoji1360]

Comment

Good hunt in Garwood this AM. Had a quick limit of mixed birds.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Good hunt in Garwood this AM. Had a quick limit of mixed birds.
                    Awesome, the Friday crowd must have moved the birds around for you a little more.

Comment

3 man limit before work this morning. Mallards, spoonies, pintail and teal

Comment

We fell short of a limit for the first time this year by a couple birds, with 6 of us hunting.

We could have limited out but passed on all divers and didnt want to go to jail for shooting more than our pintail limit.

Still had a great time, they just weren't flying as well as they have been.

Comment

Well got to sleep and then got woke up for work around 1am. Needless to say my opener is a no go. Still going to drive to a few spots I didn't get to see this week.

Comment

Hit the private lands yesterday and had a nice opening morning. My buddy and I had to go to plan B as the first spot we pulled up at had 5 cars already waiting. Drove to the next and put in a solid mile plus walk to our spot. Was well worth it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Talked to few that hunted Lake Waco yesterday morning and made mention the free launches had multiple boats launched by 3:00 a.m.

Rwc

Comment

Question for you duck hunters. I am looking for some high quality camo grass matts to make portable duck blinds. What do you use and would recommend.

Many Thanks
                                Raleigh

Comment

Working...
                                X