Limestone county rut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    Our place was on the Navasota river too, just below Limestone Dam, back when there were no hogs there. Imagine that.. Now when I look at that place on google earth it is all well locations and houses..
    The Google earth of that area is unbelievable with the number of well sites. We have hogs but not as many as you would think. They come and go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      I was born and raised 8 miles east of groesbeck off 164 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have a place 8 miles East of Groesbeck off 164

Comment

Was at my folks new place in Mart yesterday. Seen a buck watching does, but he didnt make much of an effort to push them.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

In my 2 past seasons in Navarro it seems like my “rut” or peak buck movement is usually the 2nd to 3rd week of November. We don’t have high deer numbers so hard to really see the rut but activity of new and regular bucks pics up on cams during this time pretty consistent. I figure they are roaming looking for does.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordT View Post
            I have a place 8 miles East of Groesbeck off 164

We were either neighbors or you bought the place we lived on a few years ago.

Grew up in the house on the hill across from the big duck pond mile or two before you turned to go to the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
              The Google earth of that area is unbelievable with the number of well sites. We have hogs but not as many as you would think. They come and go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
              Yea its sad, to me, to see that area now.. Our lease was along CR 386(both sides) and part of it was at the very end of that CR.. Much of what we hunted is flooded in the google earth pics I'm seeing.. We had that place for 12 years, back in the 70's and 80's before the owner died, and then it all went to heck.. Family fighting....

I used to love it when Limestone would open the dam and flood it in the winter because the "flooded timber" duck hunting was phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                We were either neighbors or you bought the place we lived on a few years ago.

Grew up in the house on the hill across from the big duck pond mile or two before you turned to go to the lake.

im off 1953 west of the Lasalle Church

Comment

What’s it looking like in limestone county? Headed up this weekend and weather is goin to be great for opening weekend. Has the rut already started up there? Anyone seeing any good deer on camera?

Comment

I went over the weekend. No deer sightings, but when checking the cameras, there was quite a bit of activity mid-day and we saw 4 new bucks that we haven't seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by Calfroper81 View Post
                      What’s it looking like in limestone county? Headed up this weekend and weather is goin to be great for opening weekend. Has the rut already started up there? Anyone seeing any good deer on camera?
                      Same here, I'll be there friday. I was hoping for some good news on the deer activity because i have no clue.

Comment

We are just a bit north of Personville..but as far as I can tell, either we have a very low deer population or I stink..or maybe a combo of the two. I'm sure it doesn't help that 70% of the property is covered in thick yaupon.

Any advice on things to do while the deer are in rut (grunt, rattle, set out a doe decoy, just sit and guard a barrel, etc.)?? I'm not a newbie hunter, I just never had the opportunity to hunt the rut. Now that we own a place, I can go out whenever and not be dependent on invites from friends.

Comment

Saw several nice bucks in pursuit last weekend.

Comment

lease

Originally posted by BufordT View Post
                            im off 1953 west of the Lasalle Church
                            I'm off 1953 as well at CR433.

Comment

limestone

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post
                              We are just a bit north of Personville..but as far as I can tell, either we have a very low deer population or I stink..or maybe a combo of the two. I'm sure it doesn't help that 70% of the property is covered in thick yaupon.

Any advice on things to do while the deer are in rut (grunt, rattle, set out a doe decoy, just sit and guard a barrel, etc.)?? I'm not a newbie hunter, I just never had the opportunity to hunt the rut. Now that we own a place, I can go out whenever and not be dependent on invites from friends.
                              Hunting is tough on our little place. There have been very big bucks taken from the area but it never comes easy. I personally struggle a lot in bow season, the deer are smart and don't come to feeders much. We have a small place, 175 ac. and we usually get at least one nice one a year. Limestone can be tough hunting at least where I'm at. Regardless, I pumped for Saturday morning.

Comment

Haven’t been to the ranch in a few week but typically rut in Robertson county starts around opening weekend of rifle season. Saw 2 dead bucks on the side of the road up that way yesterday so I think it’s safe to say we’re right on track.

Comment

Working...
                                X