Clear All

Does Gladys Knight sell Pip up blinds?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Does Gladys Knight sell Pip up blinds?

Lol, oops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to use vanilla. Never had any issues. I personally think scent free and you are fine. That said, I use some cover scents. I prefer Deer Dander to Evercalm. Same price but lasts a lot longer. I use both though.

The area you hunt makes a difference too. Hill Country deer are more used to people and smells than say the ones in deep East Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
          none because i didn’t see this one.
          check the next post for pics of deer i saw this weekend.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

boom!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            I used to use vanilla. Never had any issues. I personally think scent free and you are fine. That said, I use some cover scents. I prefer Deer Dander to Evercalm. Same price but lasts a lot longer. I use both though.

The area you hunt makes a difference too. Hill Country deer are more used to people and smells than say the ones in deep East Texas.

Scent killer isn’t completely effective for me. That’s why I tried vanilla. I’ve been busted too many times using scent killer alone. I wash everything in scent killer, keep it in a separate box, then evercalm on my boots and vanilla on everything else!

Comment

Scent killer isn’t completely effective for me. That’s why I tried vanilla. I’ve been busted too many times using scent killer alone. I wash everything in scent killer, keep it in a separate box, then evercalm on my boots and vanilla on everything else!

I used to use tons of cover scent. No issues since cutting back but I am in west central Texas.

Comment

I've only used evercalm on one hunt at the end of last season and it worked great. Had a couple does come in and feed at 8yrds. We finished up eating the last steaks from her last night

Comment

I've used Evercalm many times with success around what are typically skittish deer.

A word of caution: **DO NOT LEAVE IT IN THE CAR, IT MELTS** One late October weekend I left my pack in the truck and the pocket that had the stick of Evercalm in it wasn't zipped all the way...well the truck got a bit warm that afternoon and the stuff melted all over the seat. Clean all you want but you'll never get that smell out...it's been 6 years and when the humidity is just right my truck reeks of it.
                  Last edited by JonBoy; 11-05-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                    I've used Evercalm many times with success around what are typically skittish deer.

A word of caution: **DO NOT LEAVE IT IN THE CAR, IT MELTS** One late October weekend I left my pack in the truck and the pocket that had the stick of Evercalm in it wasn't zipped all the way...well the truck got a bit warm that afternoon and the stuff melted all over the seat. Clean all you want but you'll never get that smell out...it's been 6 years and when the humidity is just right my truck reeks of it.

Mine came in a re-sealable bag that I leave it in, don’t know if yours had it or not!

Comment

Mine came in a re-sealable bag that I leave it in, don’t know if yours had it or not!

It did, and like a dummy I threw it away because I didn't want it making extra noise in my pack. Lesson learned.

Comment

So, when using a particular product....how does one know if it really works or not?

If they spook it was more than likely your movement. If they are calm.....they may have been anyway without the product.

Comment

So, when using a particular product....how does one know if it really works or not?

If they spook it was more than likely your movement. If they are calm.....they may have been anyway without the product.

I had trouble getting mature bucks to come within 100 yards of me, I saw multiple, as well as deer eating corn at 20 yards not hardly paying attention to me.

Comment

I had trouble getting mature bucks to come within 100 yards of me, I saw multiple, as well as deer eating corn at 20 yards not hardly paying attention to me.

Then stick with it. It seems to be working.

Comment

Short answer, you don't. Long answer, it's a game of trending. As with any good science you're only supposed to change one variable...my scent control game remained the same, my hunting tactics remained the same and the only thing I changed was smearing Evercalm on the legs of my feeder when I walked in. I noticed a change in the trend over the long term and that was deer who typically either avoided feeders or were very skittish around the feeders seemed more at ease and I tended to have more action at the stand.

Comment

I never really notice a difference. But I will keep going totally scent free(I'm a total weirdo about my clothes) with some cover.

Comment

Working...
                                X