Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
    So this is my opinion, not worth much.
    I average 18-20MPGs in my 6.7 unloaded on the highway. Not sure getting 25MPGs with those trucks would sway me.
    Any magic there? I get 16.5 mpg and that is feathering the throttle on my 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
      I looked but if I'm going to drop 60k on a 3 cly diesel i would just as soon pay 10k more for the 250.
      Originally posted by pervis View Post
      Look hard and you can get a 250 for 60k, I did.
      Lordy. Please tell me those prices are for top of the line whiz-bang Mercedes-lookin’ trucks...... platinum or whatever the fanciest is called now...

Comment

Guess my other question would be what are you going to use it for?

What do you pull?

I love Diesel engines but if I didn’t have a travel trailer I’d probably be in an eco boost. It’s a great engine now with the 10 speed tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a buddy who has the dodge eco diesel and likes it. Did not know ford had come out with one. a following

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
            Have a buddy who has the dodge eco diesel and likes it. Did not know ford had come out with one. a following
            I think he is talking about the Eco-boost gas.
            I believe they have a V6 and a V8.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
              I think he is talking about the Eco-boost gas.
              I believe they have a V6 and a V8.
              No he is talking about the new F150 Diesel that came out. In for results. I have the dodge 1500 diesel and really like it, but I am a ford guy normally.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                No he is talking about the new F150 Diesel that came out. In for results. I have the dodge 1500 diesel and really like it, but I am a ford guy normally.
                No, I thought he was replying to the post right above his. The eco-boost is not a diesel. (#18).
                I know Ford came out with a new diesel for the F150, but it is not an Eco that I am aware of.

Comment

Updates??

Comment

Haven't the diesel engines been in range rovers for awhile now? Will that be a good place to look into on performance and reliability?

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                      So this is my opinion, not worth much.

I looked at the prices and the power numbers. I'd buy an F-250 over one any day of the week, if I need the pulling power.

I average 18-20MPGs in my 6.7 unloaded on the highway. Not sure getting 25MPGs with those trucks would sway me.

I feel the same way about the Titans and Dodge Ecodiesels.
                      I have never averaged 18-20 mpg in my 6.7...

Comment

Real world update: I bought a F-150 3.0L in January. Platinum FX4. I’ve put 17,000 miles on it since then.

On the highway I will avg around 30+-
                        In the city with heavy traffic (most days for me commuting to work) I get 25-27.

I’ve towed up to 16,500lbs with it and it did phenomenal. I ran a 15,000lb load 70miles and got 16mpg still.

When I pull my 14k 20ft trailer empty, I get around 21mpg.

When I pulled my bass boat (21ft phoenix) I got 19-20mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                          Real world update: I bought a F-150 3.0L in January. Platinum FX4. I’ve put 17,000 miles on it since then.

In the city with heavy traffic (most days for me commuting to work) I get 25-27.

I’ve towed up to 16,500lbs with it and it did phenomenal. I ran a 15,000lb load 70miles and got 16mpg still.

You need call Ford for an advertisement bonus. 15,000lbs at 70mph getting 16mpg?!! Crap, we should all sell our 3/4 and 1 tons. 14,800lbs behind my F250 is a load and I’m happy to get 10mpg at 65mph. If your are doing that with a half ton I bought the wrong truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post

I wouldn’t pull that load to the driveway 6 feet ahead with that setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              I have never averaged 18-20 mpg in my 6.7...

I haven’t either but a 2wd May average that stock.

Comment

Good update.

Comment

Working...
                                X