Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
LWolken
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montgomery & Grimes
Arrow Daily Bible Portion (Saturday)

Daily Bible Portion - 7 of 7
"GENERATIONS"

(Weekly Reading>>>Genesis 25:19-8:9, 1 Samuel 20:18-42, Romans 9:6-16, Hebrews 11:20, 12:14-17)

By faith Isaac blessed Jacob fully. The Covenant of Abraham was passed on to Jacob as prophesied by Yahweh before his birth. Jacob carried the birthright and now he carried the blessing as well. With this last act Isaac sent Jacob on his way, and with this last blessing Rebekah would never see her son again. She would die before his return back to the land.

Jacob would return home twenty years before Isaac’s death.

This week’s lesson closes with Esau seeing how displeasing it was for his parents when he disobeyed them by marrying Canaanite wives. He also saw how Jacob obeyed his parents. Seemingly to make things right with his parents, Esau then married his third wife, an Ishmaelite.

Jacob Loved, Esau Hated
(Malachi 1:1-2:7)

The prophet Malachi reminded the Israelites how they had not loved Yahweh by using the story of Jacob versus Esau as an illustration to show their behavior and attitude toward Him, saying that, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.” Yahweh said that the Priests had dishonored Him by bringing defiled food to the altar and asked where the honor due Him was? Yahweh’s Name[authority] was to be made great among the nations but they profaned it by bringing defiled offerings.

If we do the same today, our hearts will be shown to be impure before Yahweh and our worship will be defiled, restricting Yahweh’s blessings in our lives. Because of this, our descendants will inherit our choices, perhaps causing them to dishonor Yahweh and offer unacceptable offerings also.

A true Priest is one who will speak Yahweh’s true instructions as outlined in the gospel with nothing false found on his lips. He will walk with Yahweh in peace (holiness) and uprightness, and turn many from sin. The lips of a Priest will preserve knowledge, and men will seek instruction, knowing he is a true messenger of Yahweh.

For we who are alive today, Malachi’s prophecy is still instructing us. His words teach us who is a true Priest of Yahweh. If a Priest, Rabbi or Pastor is not teaching Yahweh’s principles, Shabbats, and Feast Days, he is according to the definition in Ezekiel 44:23-24 a deceiver and false prophet and will defile Yahweh’s altar. If we obey the false prophet we will bring curses on ourselves. We need to heed the warnings of Malachi and not be like Esau who disregarded his birthright and inheritance, but associate with the true priests of Yahweh like Jacob who was at home in the Tent of Yahweh following the true High Priest, Yeshua the Messiah.

Romans 9:6-16 “The present condition of Israel does not mean that the Word of Yahweh has failed. For not everyone from Israel is truly part of Israel; indeed, not all the descendants are seed of Abraham; rather, ‘What is to be called your seed will be in Isaac’ [Genesis 21:12]. In other words, it is not the physical children who are children of Yahweh, but the children of THE PROMISE [Isaac] who are considered seed. For this is what THE PROMISE said: ‘At the time set, I will come; and Sarah will have son’ [Genesis 18:14]. And even more to the point is the case of Rebekah; for both her children [Esau and Jacob] were conceived in a single act with Isaac, our father; and before they were born, before they had done anything at all, either good or bad (so that Yahweh’s plan might remain a matter of his sovereign choice, not dependent on what they did, but on Yahweh, who does the calling), it was said to her, ‘The older [Esau] will serve the younger [Jacob]’ [Genesis 25:23]. This accords with where it is written, ‘Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated’ [Malachi 1:2-3]. So are we to say, ‘It is unjust for Yahweh to do this’? Heaven forbid! For to Moses he says, ‘I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will pity whom I pity’ [Exodus 33:19]. Thus it doesn’t depend on human desires or efforts, but on Yahweh, who has mercy.” (CJB) (Emphasis added)

Then Paul said,

“Understand, then, that those who believe [obey in the gospel] are children of Abraham. If you belong to Yeshua, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the Promise” (Galatians 3:7-8; 29/Genesis 18:18-19/John 8:31-44).

To be continued…
LWolken is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top