Son's Truck Stolen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son's Truck Stolen!

My son had his truck stolen in Humble at work yesterday evening at 6:45pm. Im sure it's long gone please keep an eye out. It's a red 2005 GMC reg cab swb. He has had this truck since he was 16 and only had liability on it so he is really screwed now! He is a full time student at Sam and works part time while living at home so he dont have money really to replace it! I hope they get what they have coming. It was caught on video and footage turned over to police. It took 2 minutes from the time they pulled behind it until it was driving off through the parking lot Here is a pic of the stolen truck and if anyone has a good used cheaper vehicle they want to get rid of please hit me up! Thanks guys
    Attached Files

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    My son had his truck stolen in Humble at work yesterday evening at 6:45pm. Im sure it's long gone please keep an eye out. It's a red 2005 GMC reg cab swb. He has had this truck since he was 16 and only had liability on it so he is really screwed now! He is a full time student at Sam and works part time while living at home so he dont have money really to replace it! I hope they get what they have coming. It was caught on video and footage turned over to police. It took 2 minutes from the time they pulled behind it until it was driving off through the parking lot Here is a pic of the stolen truck and if anyone has a good used cheaper vehicle they want to get rid of please hit me up! Thanks guys

Look like that truck could easily be spotted compared to others on the road till they wreck it for parts or repaint it. Hope they catch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When they do that, is it hot wired? Doors unlocked keys in it? Hope they find it.

Comment

Sorry to hear that
        Gotta be UTR , those rims and tires screamed steal me
        GMC & a screwdriver and it’s gone in 60 seconds

Comment

Ill be looking. Hate to hear that happened.

Comment

It will be somewhere around Houston area, likely stripped and used for parts. There are a lot of guys in that area, that like those trucks to make turbo LS trucks. Someone must have decided there are enough parts on that truck to take it.

A buddy of mine, his son's Dodge diesel truck was stolen from College Station. He did not even know it was stolen, until a sheriff's department called him one morning to tell him they had his truck. Turns out the guys who stole his truck also stole a Chevy truck with On Star. The guys who stole both trucks, had them in a field behind their house, stripping them. Since the Chevy had On Star, they were able to track the Chevy, found it, then found the Dodge being stripped also.

From what I understand, they took the trucks up somewhere near your general area. Which was typically where they went, when they were stealing trucks, for the two years I lived in Houston. I worked in a shop on the north east side of town. We had many theft recovery trucks and cars brought into our shop. The owner of the shop seemed to have made deals with the wrecker companies that often recovered the stolen vehicles. They would typically find the vehicles, before the police even got a report of them being stolen. Then they would just wait till they got a call for the vehicles they had found that morning, then go get them.

That whole sealing vehicles game has been big or a long time in Houston, ain't going to slow down anytime soon, definitely not, with the people that have been running Houston for years.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              When they do that, is it hot wired? Doors unlocked keys in it? Hope they find it.
              No the doors were locked and he had the keys still in his pocket when they drove off with it. I have the spare keys.

Comment

That sucks. I've been thinking about buying a GPS tracker just for this reason. One for each vehcile.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  No the doors were locked and he had the keys still in his pocket when they drove off with it. I have the spare keys.
                  Wow. I had no idea they could get it that fast.

Comment

Good luck. My buddy had a similar truck stolen about 4 months ago. Same style and close to same year. They popped the door lock and got in. From there they busted the steering column and started it. He got the truck back but they stole his radio and his 24” rims. I hope that this is the similar outcome of your sons truck. Those particular trucks are apparently easy to steal. My buddies truck was stolen at Willowbrook mall in Houston on 249 south of tomball around 1:30 in the middle of the day. He went in for 20 mins and came out and his truck was gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                        Ill be looking. Hate to hear that happened.
                        Thanks buddy

Comment

Hopefully it’s recovered!

And I’ll second that it’s easy for them to break into trucks, my 2016 was broke into via the key hole, in and out of it in under 2 minutes

Comment

These new vehicles with push button starts are even easier to steal. Hope you find the perps.

Comment

Hope he can find something to drive Michael. I'll be praying for yall.

Comment

Working...
                              X