Old friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old friends

Crazy to meet up with old friends and realize you don't have anything in common anymore.

Not everyone enjoys strippers and catfish bait. I can’t explain it either.[emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whoa hold on there Curt!

Who does not enjoy strippers?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Not everyone enjoys strippers and catfish bait. I can’t explain it either.[emoji2369]

If they don’t, then they are wrong.

Comment

Most importantly you forget the blow...

Comment

Hits almost too close to home- tell no tales...

Comment

Then they were never really your friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                Crazy to meet up with old friends and realize you don't have anything in common anymore.
                Yep. People change. Out of all the friends I had growing up, I literally only still talk to one. I've known him since I was 4 and he is more like a brother. I've changed a lot over the years and so have the old friends that I was once close to. The older I get, the more I realize that I like my circle extremely small.

Comment

Good close friends(family) will always be that. I second the circle comment. Always heard that growing up as I get older its more and more true. For just “friends”.. that is

Comment

Wait... They don't????

Comment

Only have one long time friend I still talk to that I grew up with. We grew up and the rest didn't. I've had other friends come and go but had to cut them out of my life for one reason or another. Some people are just toxic and require more effort than they are worth, Cody Jinks said it best in the song Hippies and Cowboys "I never had a lot of friends and I'm alright by that".

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
                        Then they were never really your friend!
                        Bingo

Comment

Old friends

Yep— people change. The idea that you have to stay friends with people just because you were friends in high school wasted a bunch of my time.
                          I’ve gratefully and respectfully closed some doors and I think both sides are better off for it. Uncomfortable conversation? Yep, but life is too short to waste time with stale relationships and I’m not the type to just “fade away” without telling people what’s up.

Comment

I know, everyone I used to hang with changed..... surely not me.

Comment

A lot of my old friends have croaked.

Comment

Working...
                              X