The 2021 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose I'm running a little late with this, but its about time to get started on figuring out what the 2021 TBH special is going to look like. This is just the planning thread to get everyone's wish list compiled in one place so we can start narrowing down a blueprint on the final build. Once we land on a concept, I'll make an "official" thread outlining the all of the details/pricing/timelines.

"For those that haven't played this game before, we basically collaborate as a group(as best we can) to come up with a custom rifle theme that is unique to this forum. When we get close to settling on some basic design parameters, I start leveraging our group buying power with our vendors and securing us some great deals. What this means for you - you get a great custom rifle at an incredible price. We do this once a year, and only here."

The trend of the past several years has been pure hunting and lighter weight hunting options. I'm not sure that theme is completely played out, BUT given our normal production rifle line up it's going to be hard to come up with something that really takes advantage of the value this deal usually brings to the table. By that, I mean our "package" options are already discounted pretty deep and it's going to be real hard to get any better pricing on the components we use in them. So with that in mind, any AG/Proof/Defiance combo is probably going to look a lot like our "altitude" package that's already out there, with maybe a small discount - which is fine.

That said, maybe its finally time to do something in a completely different direction? I've got 3 ideas that I'll throw out to get the thought process started. As always, can't wait to see what ya'll add to it as it develops.

Idea #1 - A mid range ELR build up to 338 Lapua sized cases. Something like our "Range Boss" package that will be capable of one mile+ targets. Think of it as the Remington Sendero's big brother. Been wanting to go this direction for a while, but it's not my choice to make

Idea #2 - Dont know what to call this concept, but it's been on my radar for a minute. Ultra light and compact folding Chassis short barreled rig. I envision this thing in a compact folder with a 16"-18" carbon fiber barrel, ultralight action chambered in a few select s/a cartridges. Basically a full time suppressed, packable lightweight rig.

Idea #3 - A big boy 22lr I've posted some stuff on this recently, as its pretty much become an addiction for us at the shop. They are legit 500 yd shooters, cheap to shoot and the best long range training tools I could imagine. This would also be the most budget friendly of the bunch.

Now its your turn...................

Of these my money would go to #2, 6.5 Creed

or the 6mmBRA as a range boss Kinda off the "menu" but we'll see.

I've been waiting for a SIG Cross, They told me in essence, they don't know when the 6.5 Creed will be out in Cipher Camo.

I also love the Christensen MPR, but I could get one to shoot great from Robert for about the same dough.

Comment

#2 in 7-08 hands down!

Second would be #1 in 338

Thanks for the opportunity Robert!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

#2 hands down. Maybe in 6.5 Grendel, the ultimate pig killer!

Comment

#3.

Comment

Leaning more towards #3 with a possible folding stock. Glad to see this thread up and excited for final options.

Comment

Oh man I am in with the # 3, 22LR.

Comment

#3!!

Comment

I’ve got 2 APR customs that I absolutely love. Not sure if I’ll get in on this one or not...but I encourage anyone who is on the fence to jump on this!

Comment

ag proof

Comment

It will be interesting on how this turns out. I may be out in this one if it goes the .22lr route.

I’m probably most interested in the #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

#2, was looking at a Q fix so this would fit the bill. Other idea would be a Defiance AnTI shorty with CF stock.

Last edited by bmac; 12-10-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Will there be any lefty options? I sure could live with a lefty #3

Comment

Following to see where this goes but based on the 3 above will likely go with existing package or one off.

Comment

It absolutely doesn't have to be one of my ideas. I just threw a few out there to get started.

Comment

Working...
                              X