What’s your thoughts on the next little cold front for ducks and dove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s your thoughts on the next little cold front for ducks and dove

What are y’all’s thoughts on what the front will do for the dove and early teal season about to start up. I’m new to duck hunting so trying to learn but it’s a lot to take in

Theyrell be ducks errywhere

Comment

I’m new to duck hunting as well. Got a new dog and want to get him out hunting trying to find places to go ain’t easy in central Texas. No one will talk about it for fear of giving up their spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

cold fronts help a lot on teal but only if the timing is right. Happens too early it will push them right through.

Comment

Duck hunters are very different breed. I’m hunting private so it shouldn’t matter to much. I hope this next front will bring in some more teal

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
            I’m new to duck hunting as well. Got a new dog and want to get him out hunting trying to find places to go ain’t easy in central Texas. No one will talk about it for fear of giving up their spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Not sure where you are in central Texas, but finding a place to lease for duck hunting around here is **** near impossible.

Comment

That "cold front" that we were supposed to get in the Houston areas has fizzled out.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                That "cold front" that we were supposed to get in the Houston areas has fizzled out.
                That’s no freggin lie ^^^^^

Comment

These are not the kinda cold fronts that push large numbers of ducks down. You need freezes up North to really give the birds a good push down here. Thats the difference in good seasons and great seasons around here.

Comment

Not going to do much of anything. No freeze up north= no push of birds.

Haven't noticed any teal while dove hunting. I never fool with teal unless I have a tank loaded with them.

Dove season is football season, when I do get a chance to hunt I am sitting in a lawn chair slinging lead and letting my dog do the work. I'll chase ducks in duck season.

Comment

There have been several decent groups of Blue Wings that just showed up on our place in the past 3 days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting reports of building teal numbers in the coastal bend. I have a hunt scheduled the 18-20th so hoping they continue to head our way.

Dove seem to be far more responsive to rain/wind than ducks. Like others have said, you really need inclement weather up north to the point of water freezing and physically pushing the ducks off their ponds for them to travel in numbers. We never really chase teal so I don't have a good read on why they migrate early when presumably they don't need to.

Comment

I seen a group of the rice burners today in fort bend county county heading to the office

Comment

Garwood prairie is full of teal. Should be an epic opener come Saturday with the numbers that are here currently. The full moon last week really brought in the numbers. If anything the front should push in more birds from the north along the coast.

Comment

From what I read and experience this past weekend. It will not hurt Breckenridge, Woodson,Throckmorton, or any area’s around there. Cause there weren’t no bird’s to begin with. We’re going to Knox City 17-18th. Hope we find some there.

Comment

Working...
                              X