Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PureTalk USA vs. AT&T

Anyone made the switch?

Looks like my bill would go down by $60-80/ month if I switch with similar data plans.

They use ATT towers, so the cell service shouldn’t change and ATT has the best cell coverage in the area I live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure....I switched to AT&T Prepaid and saved a bunch of coin.

But one thing I do know....SPRINT SUX!

Comment

Anyone else switched to Pure Talk USA or Patriot Mobile?

Comment

I went from Cricket to ATT. Even though Cricket is owned by ATT there is a huge difference in coverage in rural areas. Just this year I had service with ATT in Big Bend National Park and Western Wyoming. My Cricket phone would never work there. It was pricier to switch to ATT though. If I spent all my time in metro areas there would be no difference.

Comment

Thanks for the info Grouse! I would have thought if the carrier was the same the coverage would be the same but I guess not!

Comment

Anyone else switch over to puretalk?

Mobile wireless cell phone plans from PureTalk offer low-cost nationwide 5G with no contract or hidden fees. Switch carriers and start saving today

Comment

We switched to Puretalk last year. It saved me a bunch of money. The only downfall we've had is sometimes texts to come through. It has gotten a little better but I've been thinking of switching to Verizon because of it.

Comment

I switched to Pure Talk last month. Bill will be less than half of what I was paying AT&T. Been great so far.

We were having trouble getting texts to go through on AT&T before the switch. Hasn't been an issue so far with Pure Talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  I switched to Pure Talk last month. Bill will be less than half of what I was paying AT&T. Been great so far.

We were having trouble getting texts to go through on AT&T before the switch. Hasn't been an issue so far with Pure Talk.
                  Thanks. Thinking of getting off att and dancing some money. This crap is way out of hand.

Comment

I switched from ATT to Spectrum 6 months ago. Best thing I ever did!!

Comment

Thank you for the recent feedback.

I was just looking at this again today.

I have looked at Spectrum, but I think they use Verizon towers for their service, and ATT towers (which Puretalk use) have better coverage where I live.

I am even looking at buying new phone through Puretalk.

Comment

^^^^ that’s just it, I don’t want to buy another phone. I’ve got the iphone 10 and am thinking of getting it unlocked. I don’t travel so much anymore so I’m thinking coverage ought to be pretty good in the metro mess area.

Comment

Pure talk uses ATT mobile network. Patriot uses sprint mobile network. Spectrum is the only only one offering anything novel, It uses VZW network but supplements with about 500k mobile wifi mobile hotspots. Spectrum could offer a bit better service if you are in an area serviced by the hotspots. Some of you will notice offerings from private LTE using CBRS freqs. Also 5G deployment is going strong on VZW and ATT networks.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                            Pure talk uses ATT mobile network. Patriot uses sprint mobile network. Spectrum is the only only one offering anything novel, It uses VZW network but supplements with about 500k mobile wifi mobile hotspots. Spectrum could offer a bit better service if you are in an area serviced by the hotspots. Some of you will notice offerings from private LTE using CBRS freqs. Also 5G deployment is going strong on VZW and ATT networks.
                            What does your Obama phone offer?

Comment

I’ve been looking to switch as well. Looked at Mint Mobile which runs on T-mobile’s network, hadn’t looked at PureTalk in quite some time. It looks like they have better options now, family plan discounts, a referral plan (anyone here with PureTalk should PM a link, please) and some AMAC discounts. Thanks for posting the question, I may not have looked at them.
                              Here’s an overall summary article:
                              Pure TalkUSA, featuring the latest news, deals and phone plan offerings from this AT&T MVNO.

Comment

Working...
                              X