No announcement yet.

Hey TBH's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nat gas is more stressed than the electric grid right now. residential not affected yet, but spot price went from 2.40s just over a week ago per Dth to a closing price of $140 on Fri.

Electric went up to 2000 per Megawatt Friday.

Industrial is getting hit first, then commercial. Residential probably wont see much impact unless things go way south.

Oklahoma gas wells are freezing up and supply is waning. Couple with increased demand, makes for a challenging situation and high prices.

Many Ercot power generation stations run off Nat Gas, so cost to market rate users is astronomical.

Comment

Hope we can survive this!

Comment

I got the same thing from my Co Op... makes me wish I would’ve opted for a wood burning fire place this go around.

Comment

Link?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

DFW airport went off natural gas on our boilers and switched to less efficient
            Jet fuel due to projected demand

Comment

Ercot starting rolling brownouts today at 4pm, through Tuesday. Please conserve electricity where you can.

Comment

My electricity provider just sent email that they would waive early termination fee and give us $150 to switch to another provider by Monday. Can someone explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                  My electricity provider just sent email that they would waive early termination fee and give us $150 to switch to another provider by Monday. Can someone explain?

They dont want to pay the market price for your power needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought 10 cases of beer,and plenty of gas for the Blackstone...Bring it!

Comment

Well we don’t have to worry about food going bad. It will stay cold when the power goes out.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Well we don’t have to worry about food going bad. It will stay cold when the power goes out.

Yup...just gotta worry about our ownself going bad....errr freezing...

Comment

Originally posted by shiner78 View Post
                          Link?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/weat...whelms-supply/

Comment

Seriously folks...Its gonna be 60 next Sunday. Step away from the ledge.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                                Nat gas is more stressed than the electric grid right now. residential not affected yet, but spot price went from 2.40s just over a week ago per Dth to a closing price of $140 on Fri.

Electric went up to 2000 per Megawatt Friday.

Industrial is getting hit first, then commercial. Residential probably wont see much impact unless things go way south.

Oklahoma gas wells are freezing up and supply is waning. Couple with increased demand, makes for a challenging situation and high prices.

Many Ercot power generation stations run off Nat Gas, so cost to market rate users is astronomical.
                                Where did you get the info on the spot price? I though you meant $14, so I looked it up. I found an article that it was $600. Here is the headline..."Spot gas prices in the Midcontinent, often the cheapest in the Lower 48, surged to as high as $600.00/MMBtu on Friday as snow, ice and subfreezing temperatures saturated the region."

Comment

Working...
                                X