Tbh Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tbh Express

Just curious what the normal compensation is? Percentage, weight or distance?

Never have charged or accepted compensation
    It’s a TBH Express

Comment

If I am doing the Express then it is out of the goodness of my heart

Comment

People normally don't want compensation. They happen to be traveling to or from a location someone needs an express and offer to carry. sometimes people give beer or whiskey or offer to pay for gas, but i have not really seen anyone expecting compensation, they were traveling the route anyway. Great system to help each other out

Comment

I’ve expressed items multiple times, but have never asked for compensation nor expected it however, I have been given ammo as a “thank you”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Normally just a hand shake and a thank you. Occasionally a 6/12 pack of their choice of cold drinks.

Comment

TBH express is done as a friendly gesture of the brotherhood. I’ve turned down “gas money” when I’ve done expresses and I’ve given a 12 pack of Shiner for one done for me. In that instance the gentleman went out of his way to help me out.

Comment

Nada. Zilch. It's just about helping someone out and expecting nothing... a lost art in today's world.

Comment

Typically a thank you is all i expect.

Been offered money but declined and a 12 pack here and there. Pretty neat honors system!

Comment

I have only offered an express once and did not expect compensation. I didn't even consider that it was a thing. I thought it was just one guy helping out a couple of TBH'ers.

I was shocked when the gentleman handed me a very nice knife when I met him here. Too shocked to even refuse. At the destination, I was given a 20 oz yeti style cup (but different brand, very nice though). I tried to refuse that, but the gentleman insisted.

If I ever avail myself of an express, I will pass the kindness on, but I certainly wouldn't expect to receive anything if I was offering.

Comment

I’ve don’t several of them over the years. Don’t expect anything but a Thank you and a handshake.

But have had serval gifts. Gas fill up, cash, and gift cards when the recipients have insisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ABroussard View Post
                        Normally just a hand shake and a thank you. Occasionally a 6/12 pack of their choice of cold drinks.
                        This and hopefully beginning of a new friendship

Comment

I have done several. No compensation expected. If I'm going that way I offer it up.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                            Just curious what the normal compensation is? Percentage, weight or distance?
                            Never asked for anything. Handshake and good feelings of helping others.

Comment

I’ve never accepted any payment
                              All I’ve ever asked in return is for him/her to do the same for someone else one day

I enjoy it because it has allowed me to meet several tbh’er’s I’d otherwise not had the chance to

Edit to say that I did, at his absolute insistence, accepted some axis steaks one time
                              Last edited by K. Lane; 02-04-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X