Any Idea of Score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    This is what I came up with and we killed some on our place this year that look a lot like that deer and scored almost identical...

Width: 16
    Beams: 40
    Mass: 22
    G1: 8
    G2: 20
    G3: 20
    G4: 10

Total: 136
    Y'all that think he's bigger, adjust these numbers to confirm what you are seeing for your totals in the high 40's and 50's... I may be off a bit on width as perspective in the pics makes that tough, and I'm being generous on 2,3's but I sure don't see a high 40's or for sure 50's deer...
    None the less, hes a beautiful buck and without the history the OP posted, I'd have called him a 3 year old, but then again I haven't hunted hill country deer in a long time...
    + 10" for G4's and I think that deer is gonna scare the heck out of 150"

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
      He has it added in there... Match checks out. I think he will have a couple more inches in mass, and maybe a couple more on tine length which puts him right in the 140s.

Width: 16
      Beams: 40
      Mass: 22
      G1: 8
      G2: 20
      G3: 20
      G4: 10

Total: 136

Comment

See post 29...
        If you ACTUALLY add up what I posted it comes to 126... I just forgot to type the G4 line in... I gave him 10" for G4's in the total of 136...

If you think he goes 150, rework my numbers and post them and show us where the 150" comes from, where I'm that far off...

And NO WAY does he have 9" brow tines... That would make his brow tines longer than his ears...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          See post 29...
          If you ACTUALLY add up what I posted it comes to 126... I just forgot to type the G4 line in... I gave him 10" for G4's in the total of 136...

If you think he goes 150, rework my numbers and post them and show us where the 150" comes from, where I'm that far off...

And NO WAY does he have 9" brow tines... That would make his brow tines longer than his ears...
          With you being an ol' engineer, didnt figure I had to check your math....
          I gave him a couple more inches than you and I believe he is closer to 150 than 140, but one angle he looks really good and another not as much.

Width - 17
          Beams- 40
          Mass- 25
          G1- 10
          G2- 22
          G3- 22
          G4- 12

148"

Comment

I see high 30’s, maybe low 40’s. I’d be excited to see him in another year or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

144 was my gut number upon seeing the first pic but decent spread might get him to right at 150. Nice buck with not great genes, take the shot.

Comment

With you being an ol' engineer, didnt figure I had to check your math....
                I gave him a couple more inches than you and I believe he is closer to 150 than 140, but one angle he looks really good and another not as much.

Width - 17
                Beams- 40
                Mass- 25
                G1- 10
                G2- 22
                G3- 22
                G4- 12

148"

Those are reasonable numbers too... Bet he'd fall somewhere in between..
                I-R-N-GA-NEER, NOT a typist...

Comment

G1s - 12
                  G2’s - 24
                  G3’s - 22
                  G4’s - 12
                  Mass 28
                  Beams 40
                  Spread 16 ~ 154

That’s what I was thinking

Comment

Sutton County. His body sure didn’t look 5.5. Last pic I have of him was 12/27 so I hope he made it. No one on out ranch shot him but I am close to a fence so who knows.

Comment

This was a pic during the 2019 season but he didnt seem to get bigger.
                      Attached Files

Comment

142 3/8

Comment

I think he goes mid 140’s...

Comment

148. 4.5

Comment

146, Pictures aren't good for scoring too many odd angles and zoomed in

Comment

Thanks guys. I figured 140-152.

Comment

Working...
                                X