No announcement yet.

Smoking Clothes Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt an area where the wind swirls really bad.
    I use an old metal coffee can and i keep a bag of leaves twigs moss in my blind as soon as i get in i lite a small amount to smoke up the blind with me in it. Works like a charm

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      Native Americans smoked for hundred of years for a reason
      I have not seen any of this info and would be interested. I have read where they get everyone that can still run and run the deer in to funnels of fallen wood or ravines and hammer them. please share this info as it would be an interesting read.
      Last edited by Tom; 12-23-2020, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        This, do your dadgum research!
        please share this info as it would be an interesting read. thanks - Merry Christmas

Comment

Ozonics.

Hr300 is what I use. Since I started using it I’ve 2 150” deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Native Americans smoked for hundred of years for a reason
            I believe it. They had a better chance with smoke than just going into the woods smelling like a savage predator. As some have said previously, the few times, way back when, that I went to the stand with smoky clothes, the deer that came in would not tolerate it because it alerted them, then they smelled me. Just my experience. Keep posting those pics, archery kills, and please let us know the direction of the wind when they were killed. I'd be shocked if more than a few where down wind kills but that's my opinion based on my 30 years of bow hunting.

Comment

The best cover scent on the planet is a campfire. The cavemen and the indians all used smoke to cover their scent. People have been brainwashed to buy “scent free” gear and have made people billionaires. I’ve got 6 P&Y bucks on my wall, all with a Bow, and I can’t remember which way the wind was blowing because I always set up where the wind doesn’t come into play. When you hunt trails and use strategy instead of hunting over a corn chunker, the wind tends to be a little less of a factor.
              Last edited by RLB; 12-23-2020, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                I believe it. They had a better chance with smoke than just going into the woods smelling like a savage predator. As some have said previously, the few times, way back when, that I went to the stand with smoky clothes, the deer that came in would not tolerate it because it alerted them, then they smelled me. Just my experience. Keep posting those pics, archery kills, and please let us know the direction of the wind when they were killed. I'd be shocked if more than a few where down wind kills but that's my opinion based on my 30 years of bow hunting.
                I know the big one was down wind , the 154 was down wind, and the 139 was killed in gusty swirly winds. The Kansas buck was in swirling wind. My Kansas buddy has killed 6 B&C with his bow since he got to smoking so it works for him. I know it works for me.

Comment

Step 1. Put clothes on.
                  Step 2. Drive to hunting area
                  Step 3. Smoke everything with bee smoker, including bow, backpack, boots, clothing, exposed skin.
                  Step 4. Kill public land deer downwind at 18 yards

Step 5 repeat next season

Last edited by topshot; 12-23-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I know the big one was down wind , the 154 was down wind, and the 139 was killed in gusty swirly winds. The Kansas buck was in swirling wind. My Kansas buddy has killed 6 B&C with his bow since he got to smoking so it works for him. I know it works for me.
                    OK, you've got me convinced. At least the 1/16 Cherokee in me. Picking up mesquite chunks in the morning.

Just one more question. Has your KS buddy really killed six Boone and Crockett deer? That may be the most ever by one hunter and all archery. Wow!
                    Last edited by asu-indian; 12-23-2020, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Holy smokes (intended), I never thought folks were so into using smoke for cover scent! Seems asinine, but I don’t really care for that smell unless I’m sitting at the campfire. Maybe deer like it ?? Lol

Comment

OK, you've got me convinced. At least the 1/16 Cherokee in me. Picking up mesquite chunks in the morning.

Just one more question. Has your KS buddy really killed six Boone and Crockett deer? That may be the most ever by one hunter and all archery. Wow!
                        he may have meant P&Y

Comment

He is born and ranched raised in Kansas . The local cattle ranchers don’t give to craps about scores. His barn is full of kills most would dream of rifle and bow. They ***** more about them eating hay and crop than anything. And I meant 6 gross B&C

Comment

Nothing is 100% with scent and deer. Smoking clothes is basically the same as carbon scent lock except you have the ability to kill bacteria, cover scent in one. Use the wind but using smoke as well adds extra protection. It doesn’t have to be one or the other as some of y’all are suggesting.
                            This is even more effective if there has been brushfires or prescribed burns recently.

Comment

Here is one article that explains smoking your clothes/body.

Smoke Baths and All Natural Deodorant The technique I use more than any other to keep from stinking is the woods has got to be taking a smoke bath. It is surprisingly effective and has long lasting effects. All you need do is to consistently expose your skin and clothes to smoke and it will not only keep you from stinking but you will smell like a well smoked roast! Yum. And this also helps to keep the bugs off But how does a smoke bath work you […]

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                Here is one article that explains smoking your clothes/body.

https://survivalschool.us/bushcraft-camp-hygiene/
                                thanks - I have read other articles like this but was just curious about the Tribal Americans using it for as long as time. I have never found anything on this but have heard it referenced many times, here.

Merry Christmas

Comment

Working...
                                X