Barndominium Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barndominium Build

We are looking at building a 1800 sq ft barndominium. We will need electric, water and sewer. It’s going to be nothing fancy 3 bed 2 bath open living and kitchen and mud room/ washer and dryer. I live in Kirbyville southeast Texas. I’m wondering what it would cost to finish out the inside and water and sewer along with 5 ton cooling and heat. Also what the outside shell with the slab, insulation, windows and doors and plumbing installed. Thanks in advance

To me this website has some good info. You might look at it to get a guesstimate

Comment

Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting bids now on my 1,500 living sq ft !
        Simple 2 bedroom west of DFW. So far 217k and 235k
        Seems too high in my opinion. Waiting on third bid now.

Comment

You could probably bet on $85-$100 a foot.

Comment

Why do you want a 5 ton unit for 1800 sq. ft?

Comment

Originally posted by jkranchrstexas View Post
              Why do you want a 5 ton unit for 1800 sq. ft?
              Yep. Way overkill with good insulation. It won't run enough to knock down humidity. About 75 per square foot 7 years ago for me. I generalled it and did a lot of the work myself.

Comment

Depends on the week. For example, a roll of 12/2 romex was $60 a month ago. Now the same roll is $110.

Comment

Originally posted by TSE View Post
                  Yep. Way overkill with good insulation. It won't run enough to knock down humidity. About 75 per square foot 7 years ago for me. I generalled it and did a lot of the work myself.
                  Was just an example for a price

Comment

It's was built May 2018 thru May 2019.

1600 sq ft living area
                    1600 sq ft shop with a 400 sq ft loft
                    Excavation, water service, electric service, septic system, building erection, concrete foundation, concrete porches, plumbing, electric, hvac, driveway, insulation, finish out, stained concrete, shop doors, appliances.

Our AC is 2.5 ton.

$225,000

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got a 3 ton on 1900 sq ft barndo... plenty. Good spray foam though. Metal just went up too, lumbers been sky high for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$150/sqft is my guess with current prices

Comment

I have no clue on cost per square foot, but I can give you some real numbers on what things cost me to finish our cabin this month. Aerobic septic system was 6k, the turn key price on a 3.5 ton with heat pump AC was 6.5k. My plumbing was 8k, and that was minus the shower doors, but included the shower bases. I measured out for our kitchen cabinets and painted them. The entire kitchen, including countertops and appliances came in right at 7k. This is for a three bedroom 2 bath cabin that is right at 1300sf. If you spray foam it I bet you can get away with a smaller AC system that doesn't take soo much power to start up.

Comment

I am currently doing a barndo on my new ranch property. 1300 SF slab/ finishing out 864 SF. The balance is the covered front porch. 2BR/1bath

Middle of the road finishes, but it is in the middle of nowhere so everything costs more.

Including the site prep, drilling a new water well with a pump house, and doing a very basic carport, I will be at $180/sf. That's what I have in it vs / finished out SF.

I am being my own GC, and don't see how I could have done anything much cheaper. Everything is just expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                              It's was built May 2018 thru May 2019.

1600 sq ft living area
                              1600 sq ft shop with a 400 sq ft loft
                              Excavation, water service, electric service, septic system, building erection, concrete foundation, concrete porches, plumbing, electric, hvac, driveway, insulation, finish out, stained concrete, shop doors, appliances.

Our AC is 2.5 ton.

$225,000

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              Is yours a 2 br or 3 br? Just trying to get an idea if 1600sqft would be too small with 3 br.

Comment

Working...
                              X