Lake Palestine Crappie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Palestine Crappie?

TBH crew-- I'm headed to Lake Palestine with the wife for a mini-vacation before our baby boy shows up later this month. We got an air bnb right on the lake for a few days next week.

I've been given the green light to fill a cooler with fish. I plan to fish at the house but I wouldn't mind getting out in a boat.

Would appreciate any recommendations for someone who runs half day morning trips out there and if it's anyone on TBH- Id be looking for this coming Tues or Wed morning specifically.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
    TBH crew-- I'm headed to Lake Palestine with the wife for a mini-vacation before our baby boy shows up later this month. We got an air bnb right on the lake for a few days next week.

I've been given the green light to fill a cooler with fish. I plan to fish at the house but I wouldn't mind getting out in a boat.

Would appreciate any recommendations for someone who runs half day morning trips out there and if it's anyone on TBH- Id be looking for this coming Tues or Wed morning specifically.

Thanks!!
    Send Slew on here a pm. He is a crappie guide and if he isn't available im sure he can point you to a few

Comment

PM sent to him! Love the green screen

Comment

I’m heading out there tomorrow and Sunday. The crappie are shallow right now. Been catching in 3ft water on the south end.

Comment

I live and guide on Palestine. If you need advice, give me a call 972-310-4461. You can catch them shallow or staging to spawn. It will depend on how you're rigged up to fish.

Comment

I know one thing it's got some big uns

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Water temp is 43 degrees, are y’all pulling our leg saying they are already shallow? I figured they wouldn’t be shallow for another couple weeks after that ice storm.

Comment

Originally posted by EmergencyDoc View Post
                Water temp is 43 degrees, are y’all pulling our leg saying they are already shallow? I figured they wouldn’t be shallow for another couple weeks after that ice storm.
                If the bass are shallow so are some crappie

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Todd Froebie (slew on TBH), Clay Gann, or Mark Standrige (3 Nails Guide Service) would be the ones to talk to I would think. There are a lot of guides out there if they are booked but I don’t know them.

Comment

Call mark with 3N guide service. It’s not 43 degrees way back in the shallows.

Comment

Surface temp was 54 today. They had 15.27 on their best 7 on my scale. Probably 16 pounds on a certified scale. Crappie fishing never gets old off to Grenada next week!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        Surface temp was 54 today. They had 15.27 on their best 7 on my scale. Probably 16 pounds on a certified scale. Crappie fishing never gets old off to Grenada next week!
                        Make sure you’re back for the 24th !

Comment

William Oliver 9035150036

Good dude and stays on the crappie. Those shallow enough for some of you guys?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by coachmas; 03-06-2021, 11:01 PM.

Comment

thanks guys!! long weekend at work-- will be calling folks tomorrow to see if I can line something up!

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                              thanks guys!! long weekend at work-- will be calling folks tomorrow to see if I can line something up!
                              You better call Brandon speckles. He can sack em up on Palestine. Nobody else mentioned on this thread has a last minute opening on spring break!

Comment

Working...
                              X