Wimberley to do’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wimberley to do’s

Wife and I rented a small house in Wimberley for spring break. We’ve got a fishing guide on Canyon lake one day. She wants to do a winery one day. Anything local and cool that we need to check out? Have it for 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If yall golf at all I'd go play vaaler off 281.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ino’z great place for dinner on the water.

Comment

Thanks guys. Anything else?

Comment

There's a pretty good zip line place right outside of town. There is also an outdoor bar called the thirsty goat close to Wimberley. It sets on a hill with great views. I have been to the zip line but have not personally been to the bar.

Comment

Creekside Cookers has top notch brisket. Nice outdoor bar. A shrt drive to Driftwood and Hays City Store has a great atmosphere. Outdoor bar with tons of beers on tap. Try the CFS. Its a pan fried ribeye with real homestyle gravy. Fork tender.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We went to several wineries and they all sucked but had some cool views.
              Stay out of downtown as much as possible unless you wanna see rainbow flags every 2'.

Best food was Saltlick BBQ, and Kates Place for brunch.
              Go climb Ol Baldy
              Some cool places along the Blanco River

Comment

Jacob's Well, and drive the backbone-

Comment

Run over to Hays City Store for dinner and if not too cold sit outside and listen to some live music. Great bar and IMO the best food around those parts.

Comment

Zip line is a must. Shady Llama is a pretty cool place to spend the evening.

Comment

Mount Baldy is pretty cool,Wimberley Zip Line, Blue Hole, Jacob's Well (need a reservation), take a drive on the Devil's Backbone (32), beer/wine/liquor tours. The square in Wimberley has lots of shops to walk around and check out.

Food: Hays City Store, Inoz, Creekside Cookers. Go to Mimas for breakfast (they only take cash). Salt Lick isn't all that great on BBQ but has a cool atmosphere.

Shady Llama is cool place to hang out in the evenings and enjoy a few adult beverages.

Comment

Glass blowing at the Wimberly Glass works is cool to watch. I treated the wife to a couples massage at the Blair House Spa. (pre Covid)

Comment

Shady Llama is not currently open and Salt Lick is average at best. Good atmosphere like Will said.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

There was an Italian restaurant called Marco's (I think) that was really good, so I'd check that out. But it's been 12-14 years since I was there and I've heard they closed. That's a great part of the state. We used to hunt in Blanco. Always loved being in that part of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                              There was an Italian restaurant called Marco's (I think) that was really good, so I'd check that out. But it's been 12-14 years since I was there and I've heard they closed. That's a great part of the state. We used to hunt in Blanco. Always loved being in that part of the country.
                              Sadly Marco's closed a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X