No announcement yet.

Mind Blown!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hit one in the exact same place last year and he ran 500+ yards before he died. No blood. I got lucky. Took me over 3 hours to find him. I was 100% convinced he was dead..... Huge entry and exit. Spitfire 125 3 blade.
    It went through the back lobe of both lungs, cutting gaping holes.. Even though I have killed 100's of critters with a bow and arrow that incident made me seriously question the killing efficiency of a BH..
    I had a weak moment.

Comment

They are tough.

Comment

Good news is you can go back to hunting.

Joke from the hag thread.

Comment

That looks high and forward to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Puzzling I would think that would be a kill shot no doubt. Only guess I can come up with is he had both legs outstretched in front of him and the hit was too far forward and went through that dreaded void. If it hit heart or lung at all he would be a dead deer.

Comment

Nothing in this world is for sure I guess. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
                Was he shooting from an elevated position?

6’ off the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks too far forward to me.. wouldn’t be surprised if it killed him but not surprised it didn’t..

Comment

I had the same thing happen with a hog, except 2 inches back. Showed up at another feeder, scabbed over, 2 days later.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                      Looks too far forward to me.. wouldn’t be surprised if it killed him but not surprised it didn’t..
                      My guess is that you're right. It looks better than it is because of how he is standing. Really is the only explanation.

Comment

That shot is pretty much perfect. I have seen it before recently.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          Was the mech not sharp?!, that's all I got

It was sharp enough to be a complete pass through

Comment

We had one of our guys hit one a little higher this year. Nothing, no arrow , no blood, no hair. We have looked for him numerous times since then and nothing. Put out cameras where he hung out at nothing. Who knows?

Comment

Only thing I got is that he may have had his head down feeding when shot. When he heard the shot, his head may have gone almost between his two front legs while dipping to push off. This would have pushed his vitals way back, allowing the arrow to still go through both shoulders, but in front of the good stuff. Just a theory.

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
                                Mechanical? maybe it didn't open? or he's a Super buck
                                I shot a buck last year with a mechanical that didnt open and that deer died. Had pencil hole size entry and exit but still took out both lungs and basically just bled internally. Got lucky finding him because of hardly no blood trail.

Comment

Working...
                                X