Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like P.A.C.E. is shut down again??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

72 Hour "Cooling Off" Period for PACE

Obviously, this is a volatile and "toxic" time in our nation, and much of that has spilled into this site, and specifically the "Politics and Current Events" (PACE) Forum. We have decided to implement at least a 72 hour (or longer, if necessary) "cooling off" period until we can evaluate if (or how) we want to allow such controversial topics to be discussed on this site.

Most of our long time members are aware that we didn't permit political and/or other divisive topics on TexasBowhunter.com. Eventually, we began to allow such discussions under a fairly strict set of guidelines, primarily predicated on our members' collective ability to express their opinions in a respectful manner and absent name calling, offensive labels or espousing stereotypes...especially toward fellow members.

We attempted to isolate the controversial topics within the PACE Forum, but with the same rules of engagement still intact. Unfortunately, (in large part due to the difficulty and time required to read through and moderate) we haven't done an adequate job of monitoring most of these topics (and the members that blatantly and continually violate our guidelines), and the site, as a whole, is suffering because of it.

Our original (and stated) intent when we started TexasBowhunter.com in 1999 was to provide a welcoming and safe environment for all bowhunters (or prospective bowhunters) - regardless of age, gender, race or political affiliation. Some of you have taken it upon yourselves to "weed out" those that don't fit within YOUR ideals of what that should look like.

This will not continue.
    Last edited by Michael; 06-05-2020, 12:26 PM.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thankyou Michael!

Comment

We hear you Michael, and that’s your prerogative. For the record, 100% agree there’s no place for some of what’s been going on. However, there are a lot of us that really enjoy the discussion in the PACE forum. Why not just cooler habitual troublemakers, rather than making us all pay for the sins of a few?

Comment

72 hours may not be long enough to cool off!

I agree some threads have gotten out of hand. Wouldn't be sad to see it go away for longer.

Comment

Good riddance.

Comment

The world has gone crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                We hear you Michael, and that’s your prerogative. For the record, 100% agree there’s no place for some of what’s been going on. However, there are a lot of us that really enjoy the discussion in the PACE forum. Why not just cooler habitual troublemakers, rather than making us all pay for the sins of a few?
                I think there is a lot more that do not like the PACE forum, if you look at the folks that post on there it always the same ones with same old tired drama. Which eventually contaminates the whole site. If they put the forum back online in 6 months, Michael will be on here again just like he was last October. It never changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  I think there is a lot more that do not like the PACE forum, if you look at the folks that post on there it always the same ones with same old tired drama. Which eventually contaminates the whole site. If they put the forum back online in 6 months, Michael will be on here again just like he was last October. It never changes.
                  Agree

Comment

Then it should just be removed entirely from this site. It’s an important time in our country, I think it needs to be talked about. This is my only form of social media, and I enjoy talking about current events with like minded individuals.

Comment

My youngest daughter, Hannah, graduates HS tonight. Casey’s son, Dane, does as well.

We smoked 14 pork butts over the weekend for family and friends after graduation.

See y’all Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Have a great weekend Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          My youngest daughter, Hannah, graduates HS tonight. Casey’s son, Dane, does as well.

We smoked 14 pork butts over the weekend for family and friends after graduation.

See y’all Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y, that's racist!! #Pigslivesmatter!

Congratulations to the young 'un's!

Y'all have a great weekend of SAFE celebration! Don't go gettin' no 'Rona on ya!

Comment

How are they doing graduation in your areas?? Kacie’s is early next week in the stadium Using both sides for the whole social distancing. Only 4 per grad.

Kenny is skipping the TCU walk in July...no interest in dealing with the whole graduating class in the hot sun vs just the Engineering depts. I feel for the 2020 kids.

Comment

Thank God! Keep it off! Maybe we can talk hunting again?

For you pace guys, there are several other sites to quench your thirst for political bantering...

Here try these...

Onlymyopinionmatters.com

Littlenapoleonsyndrome.com

Imusthavethelastword.com

Imrightyourewrong.com

Call'emnamesifloosingargument.com

And my favorite...

Dramaqueen.com

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Probably won’t allow political threads Period.... Hopefully....
                                Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                                Amen!!
                                I hope so, the past few moths have been awful. Michael has put out several statements regarding the conduct on PACE and it falls on deaf ears. There are thousands of political forums for folks to go too, but there is only one TBH.
                                Not hard to not look in that area of the forum if you choose not to. Super easy to do, and if you find yourself in that part of the world the back button is a wonderful tool. If y'all are that butt hurt about seeing some political discussion and it bugs y'all so much maybe instead of saying take it away from those of us who do maybe get a button that pops up saying you are entering PACE so you can back out of it when you do stray in that area.

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                                Then it should just be removed entirely from this site. It’s an important time in our country, I think it needs to be talked about. This is my only form of social media, and I enjoy talking about current events with like minded individuals.
                                I agree with this. I get all kinds of good news tidbits from that part of the site that you will not see anywhere else or see it discussed anywhere else, especially among mostly like minded individuals that have at least one thing in common between them, hunting. It is also a great way to keep up with current events going on in this state and across the nation. A lot of times better information makes it on here faster than you will see it elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X