Adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adoption

Im 46 yrs old and i was adopted when i was born. When i told people i was adopted, they would ask do you know your parents and my answer was yea, the ones i have. I have never really cared to know my birth mother or father. Both of my adoptive parents have passed away.
    Today i get home and my wife said i have something to tell you. She said your birth mom reached out to me on facebook today. She said she has wanted to be in my life but was told i didnt want to know her, which was pretty much true. Turns out she was 15 when she had me, and my dad was from Mexico, and her dad called immigration on him and had him deported. So basically she was forced to give me up. I'm really torn. I want to meet her but i am scared.

I just needed to share this. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Do it! Everyone makes mistakes. She wants to see you and who knows what she has to tell you. I would do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Do it, Sammy!

Comment

Prayers for wisdom. It may have torn her up to never know you. And at her age may give her great peace to meet you. Think on it for a while

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Do it. you will regret it forever if you don't.

Comment

My sister and I were both adopted as babies too. I personally never had any desire to meet or find my biological parents. I was just thankful they chose to have me and give me up for adoption. As I grow older, and minor health issues come up, it makes me rethink my decision. I joined 23 and Me and have gotten some limited health information, but I'd love to have more. My sister on the hand gave the adoption agency permission to release her personal information, and she actually has a friendship with her bio mom and some of the family. I say do some serious soul searching and discuss it with your family in depth before you make a decision one way or the other. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
                Do it! Everyone makes mistakes. She wants to see you and who knows what she has to tell you. I would do it in a heartbeat.
                I'm not mad at her.....like i said it sounds like it was a forced situation. I am really considering it.

Comment

She doesn't live too far from me. She lives in kilgore.

Comment

It shouldn't hurt to give her a chance and to hopefully be a blessing to you both. This opportunity may never come again.
                    FWIW I never got to meet my 'real' dad.

Comment

Do it Sambo

Comment

Not being an *** but what scares you about it? If you want to meet her do it. I'm 48 years old and there are things I wish I would have done that I didn't and regret it. You don't get a second chance at some things.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                          Not being an *** but what scares you about it? If you want to meet her do it. I'm 48 years old and there are things I wish I would have done that I didn't and regret it. You don't get a second chance at some things.
                          I guess what scares me the most is getting to know her and losing another mom. I get what your saying tho about regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                            I guess what scares me the most is getting to know her and losing another mom. I get what your saying tho about regrets.

Its not as simple as "just do it". At least it wasn't for me or my sister. I'm not sure about your adopted parents, but it was really hard on my mom and dad when my sister went the route she did. Mostly because her decision was in haste.

Comment

That’s a tough one, sounds like she didn’t have a choice. If I was in your shoes I think I would meet her but I’m not one to give advice on this subject. I have a brothers I have never met and we live only a few minutes way...

Comment

Working...
                              X