Clear All

Arrow Dynamics Shaft ID Please

I need an AD shaft ID please.

Tip measurement - .374 diameter

AMO spine - .240

ASTM spine - .290

Shaft weight cut to 30" BOP w/nock & insert installed - 418gr

Picture of markings on shaft:

I think it is the middle weight Hammer Head Heavy, but I need to be sure.

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Rick,the shaft you are asking about looks to be the Trad Heavy[regular HH shaft]. I have a HH lite that I could measure for you if needed. Insert ID is .285 and believe that all HH shafts are the same internal ID, OD is differnet,
    Last edited by SAVIOUR68; 01-12-2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's what you think it is from what I can tell
      Last edited by chackworth3; 01-12-2014, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I was pretty sure of it being the middle one, but wanted some confirmation.

This arrow flies great off my new rig, but due to the high foc it has more nose dive than I like, so since they are 55-70# spine, I am thinking about going with the regular Trad Series (not hammer heads) in the 55-70# spine.

What do y'all think?

Rick

Comment

I shoot the quest ironwoods which are the exact same shaft and they fly great. I cut them down and use a grizz stick 78gr insert and they are one of the best carbon shafts I've shot

Comment

I just ordered a dozen of the AD Trad Blacks in 55-70# spine from 3Rivers.
            Wanted to save a few bucks, and cut the weight down a bit.

Rick

Comment

Good shafts

Comment

Rick, Pretty sure that's the heavy. I shoot this exact same arrow out of my 55@28 ACS longbow. Mine, with the brass insert and 125 gr broadhead weigh about 650 gr. They are great shafts.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

Phillip, with the standard insert this hammer head I have with fletching weighs 620gr. If I have it figured right, the trad blacks will weigh somewhere around 580gr.

Rick

Comment

I just reweighed mine and they're about 675 grains. They're cut 31" to back of point. That's longer than I like but that's where they tuned out. I use a 100 gr brass insert and a 125gr broadhead. I could have used a heavier broadhead and tuned them shorter but that would have made them too heavy.

Comment

Working...
                    X