No announcement yet.

Whats your favorite carbon shaft????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya check those carbons closely after ya hit a hard object before you shoot them, or part of a thumb may go down range instead of the arrow and ya might be picking carbon out for a month or 2 :-)

Comment

I just got my first set of GoldTips with the weight system I tuned these arrows to 580 grains out of a 43# and 47# bow. I have 2 other bows from BW a PSA and a PL I may stick with Easton Axis Traditional, the bows are 54# amd 57#. But I ordered the Gold Tips from Black Widow. Only one person in my thread shot the skinny carbons. I will probably go with woods cuz I like them, and keep my current carbon set ups as back up.

Comment

Ron, WOW!

I shoot FMJ's. Have shot them as long as I can remember.

Jeffro is making me some more woodies!

Glenn

Comment

im shooting the 2016's and will switch to carbon arrows. im looking at the beman centershot, anybody have experience with them??

Comment

I have not try the gold tips you can get weights to tune them.

Comment

I'm shooting gt55-75 traditional full 32" at 45 # fly good and look good with the woof grain
              [ATTACH]476751[
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by texmexboy210 View Post
                im shooting the 2016's and will switch to carbon arrows. im looking at the beman centershot, anybody have experience with them??
                Have not shot them but have held them in my hands and looked them over. They appear to be a good shaft.

Bisch

Comment

Goldtip Ultralites 600's............Just swapped over to BloodSport HT1 600's........virtually unaffected by the wind............Absolutely tack drivers

Comment

I like FMJ for hunting and GT ultralight pro for 3D.

Comment

I use GT Traditional 5575s for my recurve and CE Heritage 150s for my longbow.

Comment

where did you handle the beman centershot at bisch??

Comment

REAL ARCHERS SHOOT WOOD
                          carbons are for sissy's...

LOL....just kid'n

Comment

Originally posted by texmexboy210 View Post
                            where did you handle the beman centershot at bisch??
                            Double G archery shop in Georgetown carries them.

Bisch

Comment

not new to trad archery, but am new to carbons. been dealing with 3 rivers for years, so I called them, and spoke with a knowledgable person about arrows. I went with his recommendation and got "Traditional Only" 340's. I have a 28" draw. My 66" 2 pc. Leon Stewert RD longbow pulls 62# at 28". I talked with a friend on this sight, who I've shot with, and he said to make sure and go with carbon collars up front, I I did that too. 3 Rivers recommended weight tubes, rather than go the route of a large percentage of the weight FOC. So, I'm shooting 30" arrows, with 5 gr/" weight tubes, and 125 gr field tips, for a total weight of 625 grains. They fly perfect! The downside is that they were pretty expensive (relative to woodies), but I'm happy. Have shot a few hundred shots with them, and the only problem I've had was shaving off a cock feather with another arrow. I did have 1 shot where I hit the bottom wooden brace of the target, and the weight tube and nock flew off. The guy at 3 rivers warned me of this, so when I got home, I glued the nocks in. I have no other carbons to compare them to, but these should last awhile. Oh, I had an interesting talk with the guy at 3 Rivers. He asked what My main use of the arrows would be. I told him they were for hunting, and that's when he recommended the weight tubes. I questioned him on that. He said the FOC thing was better for target archery. He compared it to throwing darts. I sure don't have enough experience to argue that point. All I know is that they fly like a heavy woodie, and that's what I wanted.

Comment

I think the difference between FOC and a full weighted shaft id negligible. I shot the axis 340's with 250 grains upfront and got pass thrus every time I shot a deer. I think it is important to have a well tuned arrow. The guy at 3 rivers was probably pushing his high profit items as well as his experience. momentum is momentum in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X