Brisket Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tpack View Post
    I got 2 at Granbury @1.67 and they were prime. Just took 1 off of my Rec Tec after an over night cook of 12 hours and resting in ice chest for another 3-4 hours.
    Prime Grade for $1.67? I’m not saying it isn’t true so don’t take it that way. I’ve just never seen that price on Prime. Not even years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      Prime Grade for $1.67? I’m not saying it isn’t true so don’t take it that way. I’ve just never seen that price on Prime. Not even years ago.
      I got a couple that were definitely choice. Still a great deal imo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the. Eat I’ve ever gotten prime for is $3.50-$4 range at Costco/sams

That’s a hell of a deal at the Grandbury store, maybe the marked down the wrong ones

Comment

Wife picked up one that was just under 10#. After trimming it was closer to 7#. [emoji57]

I normally buy Costco prime and will gladly pay extra going forward. I did not like the way this one cooked and turned out.

Ended up making chopped sandwiches with most of it. I’ve never had a Costco one turn out bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I’ve never had a Costco one turn out bad.
            Do you need a membership?

Comment

^^ yes

Comment

I have a friend that runs a meat dept. he said sometimes they will substitute prime, if they run out of choice during an advertised special

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                  Do you need a membership?

Yes or a friend with one.

Comment

Kroger not on sale this week, but my local store had plenty of briskets, some trimmed and small and some in the 13-15 pound range. Picked up 2 more to do this weekend since my Memorial Day cook went so well... I did 2 with plans to vacuum seal one for later... we've already gone through all the first one and 1/2 way into the second one...

Comment

I got two...

Comment

Picked up one at Walmart for 2.47 with the intention of making them price match it. They had plenty to choose from. When I got to the register the girl told me they no longer price match. I got it anyway. Wasn't a bad price.

Comment

Here`s the proof. Best deal I have gotten in a while. I ran a meat market for over 20 years and sold choice briskets around 1990 for .69 cents lb. and probably several 100,000 lb. at .99 cents lb. back in the day. With that being said...…. there is no way I would ever substitute prime briskets for choice. I had no idea they were prime until I opened it at home or I would have went back in and got more.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                            Here`s the proof. Best deal I have gotten in a while. I ran a meat market for over 20 years and sold choice briskets around 1990 for .69 cents lb. and probably several 100,000 lb. at .99 cents lb. back in the day. With that being said...…. there is no way I would ever substitute prime briskets for choice. I had no idea they were prime until I opened it at home or I would have went back in and got more.

Am I missing something? It says choice right on the package.

Comment

I see where it clearly states prime on the vacum seal package.

Comment

I see prime on the bag......

Probably just says choice on the label to get the pricing on the packaging .

Comment

Working...
                                X