Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Currently We get $2.60 a pound hanging Then processors get $0.61 currently
    Appreciate the info! That's not a bad price for good beef.

Comment

Wyoming's got a law now where ranchers can process their own beef and sell cuts - not shares - directly. They seem to have taken the lead on us here.

Comment

I have seen lots of ads recently for Beef dont fall for the sales pitch and help screw the American Rancher.
        Just a little insight: Slaughter cows are cheap..

Contact a local Beef rancher and buy a cow from him..
        Have it processed by a small town local processor, (Weatherford, Tx Teels Custom Processing or Dans Smokehouse both do a great job) Ask for a NOT FOR RESALE process.

From Teels custom processing ......1300 should hang around 700 carcass weight. $40 slaughter, .69clb hanging weight and $15, 2 week hang and disposal fee.
        Approx $550 out door including all cuts and double wrap with butcher paper.
        Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 05-11-2020, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Call your local high school FFA teacher and see if any kids on the less fortunate side need any help selling a steer. That what we did with a hog this year. They delivered it to the processor for us, told the butcher how we wanted it processed and received a call it was ready

Comment

I just ordered a half a beef, either Angus or Angus cross, from Rail 19 in Sulphur Springs. $4 a pound hanging weight including the processing. They have no growth hormones, are grass fed and grain finished.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dpatterson1976 View Post
              Ive been trying to find a processor that is not backed up until late July. Had a chance to buy a 1500# for $1700 but no where to take it.

Im in Kilgore/Tyler... Any suggestions?
              I just picked up my half from Carnes Packaging 4 three 0-777-5501. It's just out of Whitehouse on 110 toward Troup! Looking at it they did a great job & got to it quickly!

Comment

Might be to far but check out Santa Anna processing for beef are hog. They are on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                  I just ordered a half a beef, either Angus or Angus cross, from Rail 19 in Sulphur Springs. $4 a pound hanging weight including the processing. They have no growth hormones, are grass fed and grain finished.

Can you pm me their contact info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d like their information if you wouldn’t mind.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

I seen the family out of Lone Oak Ken Schall, on Face book, saying they sell half's and quarters
                        sell out of the Lone Oak Tx We sell Black Angus 1/2 and whole cows by the hanging weight .... grass feed NO hormone and antibiotic free, no pesticides .... message for more info
                        Last edited by Chief Big Toe; 05-22-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I just got my operation up and running but none of my grass fed will be ready until next year most likely. Considering finishing some on grain depending on what the market says and that will happen a lot sooner. Running numbers now to make sure I'm not taking a loss if I do that.

With a high demand and processor availability, may have to go out a buy some stockers.

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                            I’d like their information if you wouldn’t mind.
                            Their phone number is 903-485-8505

Comment

Their phone number is 903-485-8505

Thanks

Comment

What is a good price per pound? What does hanging weight mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X